Where can I download the sources of Crafty with SSE2 suppo..

SUBJ.

Where Can I get the new Crafty sources with SSE2 and Multi-CPU Support.
6 answers Last reply
More about where download sources crafty sse2 suppo
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    ftp://ftp.cis.uab.edu/pub/hyatt/source

    The Crafty support for sse and smp can be enabled depending on compilation options.
    Regards,
    Vlad

    Tsukrov Stanislav wrote:

    > SUBJ.
    >
    > Where Can I get the new Crafty sources with SSE2 and Multi-CPU Support.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Thanks.

    I've found the macro's that enable multi-threading, but no SSE-code.
    Do you mean, that Crafty has no SSE2-code at all? And SSE2-Version was
    simply build with compiler's optimization for SSE2?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    I guess so.
    I can't find a reason how Crafty could get advantage from using SSE2
    instructions. This is chess engine, not a multimedia tool.
    I believe, sse2 means only the target CPU optimization, but not the SSE2 use itself.
    Regards,
    Vlad

    P.S. But may be I am wrong ;-)

    Tsukrov Stanislav wrote:

    > Thanks.
    >
    > I've found the macro's that enable multi-threading, but no SSE-code.
    > Do you mean, that Crafty has no SSE2-code at all? And SSE2-Version was
    > simply build with compiler's optimization for SSE2?
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    > I can't find a reason how Crafty could get advantage from using SSE2
    > instructions. This is chess engine, not a multimedia tool.
    Why not? SSE2 can work with integers, has logic and shift operations.
    I think it could be used to optimize some bitboard operations.

    > I believe, sse2 means only the target CPU optimization...
    OK. I suppose, you are right.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Speaking of Crafty, another possible use of null moves is as a measure
    of how tactical or strategic a position is, and what kinds of moves one
    might need to search for. The less the value of the position changes
    after a null move (excluding zugzwang positions), the more likely the
    position is to be locked up or of a strategic character. The more the
    value of the position changes (indicating the value of a tempo is
    greater) the more likely sacrifices are to be correct, and tactical
    lines might need to be searched more deeply. Maybe Hyatt can enlighten
    us on these topics.

    I wonder how Shredder uses null moves, anyone know?
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    <Akorps@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Speaking of Crafty, another possible use of null moves is as a measure
    > of how tactical or strategic a position is, and what kinds of moves one
    > might need to search for. The less the value of the position changes
    > after a null move (excluding zugzwang positions), the more likely the
    > position is to be locked up or of a strategic character. The more the

    You do not get that information back from a nullmove when using a window
    [beta-1;beta]

    All you get back is a fail high or a fail low. No other information. You
    don't have at all garantuee even that the 'thread' in the position is giving
    the cutoff. If just the static evaluation is >= beta for the opponent all he
    needs to do to refute your nullmove is nullmove himself.

    > value of the position changes (indicating the value of a tempo is
    > greater) the more likely sacrifices are to be correct, and tactical
    > lines might need to be searched more deeply. Maybe Hyatt can enlighten
    > us on these topics.
    >
    > I wonder how Shredder uses null moves, anyone know?

    Not really, but you might consider using double nullmove.

PC gaming Download Support Computers Games CPUs Video Games