Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 clean install drivers not found

Last response: in Windows 7
July 25, 2012 6:52:00 PM

Hello, I built a new computer yesterday and when it came to installing Windows 7 it says no drivers found. Everything is hooked up properly, but I'm not sure how to fix this. Not sure if my specs will help, but here they are.
asus sabertooth z77
evga nvidia gtx 670
corsair hx750w
i5 2500k
8gb corsair vengeance
corsair force series gt 120gb ssd

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 25, 2012 7:00:35 PM

When you boot from your windows dvd to do a clean install, it will load generic basic drivers which should be enough to get things started.

The display will be a low resolution generic size, like 640x320.

After the initial install, you should use the motherboard supplied cd to install the chipset drivers.
for the motherboard and lan chips.
You might want to be selective and not install any of the other supplied software.

Later, you can download the full nvidia drivers to get your full monitor resolution.

July 25, 2012 7:02:47 PM

geofelt said:
When you boot from your windows dvd to do a clean install, it will load generic basic drivers which should be enough to get things started.

The display will be a low resolution generic size, like 640x320.

After the initial install, you should use the motherboard supplied cd to install the chipset drivers.
for the motherboard and lan chips.
You might want to be selective and not install any of the other supplied software.

Later, you can download the full nvidia drivers to get your full monitor resolution.

Oh, man. I don't know how I overlooked the discs lol, thank you. I'm an idiot. :o 
m
l
July 25, 2012 7:03:00 PM

Best answer selected by newguy91.
m
l
Related resources
!