I can't believe...

that no one has questions about our compadres in New Orleans who obviously
have to be missing on the forum. During tornadoes in Nashville, through the
9/11 attacks, people here have been aware of what's happening to others
around the nation and have responded with concern. Yet I find nothing here
and we know for a fact that there are those who may need help and not a
single note of concern.

If anyone knows of any of our RAP contributors that needs a place to live
for the next four months or whatever (my true guess is 18 months), whilst
this nation works towards some solution to this problem, I volunteer my
home, even at the expense of my wife becoming incensed about the
possibility. I don't know how anyone would get here, since I live just
outside of DC, but I have no doubts that people who are in such dire
straights cannot go about setting their lives straight without the
deliberate help of others to offer these people a place to start to recover.
It is impossible for anyone to get a job and start to try to recover from
such a tragedy in a shelter such as the Astrodome. It is impossible for
anyone to qualm the fears of their children without stability in their
surroundings. It will be impossible for the nightmares to end without each
and every one of us doing what we can do.

This is one of those times where a CD compilation won't do the job. No
money, however much it could possibly be, will accomplish the goals
necessary. We have to come to a much more human offering, that being a life
to those that now have nothing with which to call a life. I have no clue as
to how my wife and I could accomplish more than an offering of space to live
as limited as that would be, some level of identity for them, and a severly
restricted food supply (we'd have to have less, but they would have more),
but today I heard a woman calling from the Convention Center in N.O. and it
was her second time calling CNN. The first time there were 8 bodies in the
refrigerators. 4 hours later there were 12.

How can we help? Certainly money doesn't do the job, for there are no
places for these people to live, no jobs to go to, no abilities for them to
gain medical attention, and nothing to say that people care. The only
option would be to offer our help in the only way we can. Give people a
place to live so they can try to recover.

I know my wife will kill me for offering, although I see the horror in her
eyes. Then again it means room for one more. I'll be glad to give up my
studio for 18 months if that's what it takes.

Can anyone imagine what toll it would take if New York had to be evacuated?

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

    See "Typical Fighting and Blaming!" for a link to help with housing.

    Well, I can't believe I've gotten only a couple of responses, mostly from
    people that know me, but I'm now going to try to get in touch with
    authorities to get a family here to offer them shelter. New Orleans is
    going to burn to the waterline. My wife and I are going to step forward,
    and I hope that some of you will follow suit.

    I'll keep you appraised.

    --

    "Roger W. Norman" <Roger@SirMusicStudio.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    > but today I heard a woman calling from the Convention Center in N.O. and
    it
    > was her second time calling CNN. The first time there were 8 bodies in
    the
    > refrigerators. 4 hours later there were 12.
    >
    > How can we help? Certainly money doesn't do the job, for there are no
    > places for these people to live, no jobs to go to, no abilities for them
    > gain medical attention, and nothing to say that people care. The only
    > option would be to offer our help in the only way we can. Give people a
    > place to live so they can try to recover.
    >
    > I know my wife will kill me for offering, although I see the horror in her
    > eyes. Then again it means room for one more. I'll be glad to give up my
    > studio for 18 months if that's what it takes.
    >
    > Can anyone imagine what toll it would take if New York had to be

    I've not found a responsible agency that would put me into touch with anyone
    that could use moving out of New Orleans. I find this stupidity. The city
    is going to burn to the ground or at least to the water line. And there's
    no response, no matter how I try, to come up with a contact to bring any
    family up from New Orleans, nor anyone that wants to take responsibility for
    accepting the help my wife and I have chosen to give. This is outlandish.
    The President simply used the entire situation as a photo op. I am offering
    a possible solution.

    I am daunted by the impossibility to actually give help. But I will try
    again. I'm going to try by starting to contact Greyhound to move families
    to people interested in giving people homes for the short term, but more
    importantly, getting them to commit to moving the people away from where
    they are the most affected by what is happening to their city. After that,
    I will start calling other businesses to see whether it's possible to move
    people. It's a holiday weekend and this morning my local TV news broadcast
    was talking about people going to the beaches. I doubt this is the case.
    Who, in their right minds, could walk away from this problem without wanting
    to help?

    --

> [...]
    > it
    > > was her second time calling CNN. The first time there were 8 bodies in
    > the
    > > refrigerators. 4 hours later there were 12.
    > >
    > > How can we help? Certainly money doesn't do the job, for there are no
    > > places for these people to live, no jobs to go to, no abilities for them
    > > gain medical attention, and nothing to say that people care. The only
    > > option would be to offer our help in the only way we can. Give people a
    > > place to live so they can try to recover.
    > >
    > > I know my wife will kill me for offering, although I see the horror in
    her
    > > eyes. Then again it means room for one more. I'll be glad to give up
    my
    > > studio for 18 months if that's what it takes.
    > >
    > > Can anyone imagine what toll it would take if New York had to be

    Well, you can't get there from here. There are no responsible agencies that
    take calls, no places to call other than if you have relatives, and no way
    to try to offer help on a personal basis.

    Now I recognize that a lot is going on, but there should always be an avenue
    of communications that allows the individual to help, even if it takes
    deliving into the most basic layers of a website, but even with direct calls
    to FEMA and other bodies, no one wants to allow for the possibility that the
    average American can help. This is stupidity in it's purest form. After
    some 2 hours of trying to work the phones, calling everyone I can get a hold
    of, I have nothing. It's not possible for the average American to help.

    I realize that the time frames of my posts don't support the 2 hours of
    effort, but believe me, I've spent a lot more time than two hours. By the
    time any of us can get to help these people they will be beyond help. At
    that point it doesn't make any difference whether you and I are willing to
    provide homes. It becomes a moot point. Seems the federal government
    thinks they have it all under contoll. I can't even get in touch with the
    Govenor of Louisiana nor any of her cohorts. Not saying that any of her
    cohorts should be answering the calls, but at least they should be answering
    the questions if it means even on family saved.

    --

> [...]
    > > > was her second time calling CNN. The first time there were 8 bodies
    in
    > > the
    > > > refrigerators. 4 hours later there were 12.
    > > >
    > > > How can we help? Certainly money doesn't do the job, for there are no
    > > > places for these people to live, no jobs to go to, no abilities for
    them
    > > > gain medical attention, and nothing to say that people care. The only
    > > > option would be to offer our help in the only way we can. Give people
    > > > place to live so they can try to recover.
    > > >
    > > > I know my wife will kill me for offering, although I see the horror in
    > her
    > > > eyes. Then again it means room for one more. I'll be glad to give up
    > my
    > > > studio for 18 months if that's what it takes.
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone imagine what toll it would take if New York had to be

    On 9/2/05 2:42 PM, in article ca6dnWrC2fyNAIXeRVn-hg@rcn.net, "Roger W.
    Norman" <Roger@SirMusicStudio.com> wrote:
    AND BEARS REPEATING:

    > If anyone knows of any of our RAP contributors that needs a place to live
    > for the next four months or whatever (my true guess is 18 months), whilst
    > this nation works towards some solution to this problem, I volunteer my
    > home, even at the expense of my wife becoming incensed about the
    > possibility. I don't know how anyone would get here, since I live just
    > outside of DC, but I have no doubts that people who are in such dire
    > straights cannot go about setting their lives straight without the
    > deliberate help of others to offer these people a place to start to recover.
    > It is impossible for anyone to get a job and start to try to recover from
    > such a tragedy in a shelter such as the Astrodome. It is impossible for
    > anyone to qualm the fears of their children without stability in their
    > surroundings. It will be impossible for the nightmares to end without each
    > and every one of us doing what we can do.
    >
    > This is one of those times where a CD compilation won't do the job. No
    > money, however much it could possibly be, will accomplish the goals
    > necessary. We have to come to a much more human offering, that being a life
    > to those that now have nothing with which to call a life. I have no clue as
    > to how my wife and I could accomplish more than an offering of space to live
    > as limited as that would be, some level of identity for them, and a severly
    > restricted food supply (we'd have to have less, but they would have more),
    > but today I heard a woman calling from the Convention Center in N.O. and it
    > was her second time calling CNN. The first time there were 8 bodies in the
    > refrigerators. 4 hours later there were 12.
    >
    > How can we help? Certainly money doesn't do the job, for there are no
    > places for these people to live, no jobs to go to, no abilities for them to
    > gain medical attention, and nothing to say that people care. The only
    > option would be to offer our help in the only way we can. Give people a
    > place to live so they can try to recover

    > that no one has questions about our compadres in New Orleans who obviously
    > have to be missing on the forum. During tornadoes in Nashville, through the
    > 9/11 attacks, people here have been aware of what's happening to others
    > around the nation and have responded with concern. Yet I find nothing here
    > and we know for a fact that there are those who may need help and not a
    > single note of concern.

    There has been such over on the AMPEX BACKROOM list, as there has been on
    The movie production NG (to the amusing consternation of at least one member
    who complained that the posts of a poster on the ground there were annoying
    and irreleveant... He was shouted down nicely!)
    This is hardly the primarily barlike, adult, human and civil forum it once
    was and it doesn;t surprise me.

    > I know my wife will kill me for offering, although I see the horror in her
    > eyes. Then again it means room for one more. I'll be glad to give up my
    > studio for 18 months if that's what it takes.
    >
    > Can anyone imagine what toll it would take if New York had to be evacuated?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Roger W. Norman
    > SirMusic Studio
    > http://blogs.salon.com/0004478/

    > This is hardly the primarily barlike, adult, human and civil forum it once
    > was and it doesn;t surprise me.

    It infuriates me. What mic should I use to grab the last gasp of life from
    the stricken in New Orleans? Or the wail of a 3 year old that hasn't been
    fed or given a drink of water in 5 days? Certainly the frequency
    requirements suggest that a number of alternatives be considered. Or should
    I suggest that the frequency of requirements for support on the American
    homefront should have a number of alternatives be considered. Or perhaps
    should we even be allowing a $250 Million dollar bridge project in Alaska to
    an island of 50 people be part of the pork barrel Transportation bill since
    ONE THIRD of that figure would have shored up the levees in and around New
    Orleans so that it would have taken a Category 5+ hurricane to do what a
    Category 3 (on the western side of the hurricane) did.

    So why are there no alternatives considered in how to help these people
    recover their lives if mic considerations are appropriate in just the
    capturing of sound? Because, perhaps, this President and his official
    honchos don't have a clue of what these people's lives were like in the
    first place or don't really care? Or is it that the same type of mic is
    always in front of their faces because they decide they want to say
    something? The SNR of photo ops/news conferences to the dead/dying is
    overwhelming. Regardless of whether anyone thinks me a whimp, I cry at
    least a couple of times a day when I think of just how bad this is; the loss
    of a city renowned for entertainment and what could have been saved had any
    of the Administration paid attention to just the possibility of a disaster
    waiting to happen on American soil, much less listened to the Army Corps of
    Engineers.

    I said this on my blog, but since a lot of you don't pay attention (which is
    fine) then I'm going to say it now. In the past year the Army Corps of
    Engineers stated that the levees have SUNK 4 feet. By my miniscule math
    abilities that puts it over 1 foot for every one hundred days during the
    last year. It's impossible to NOT notice such a decline in the one level of
    protection that New Orleans had over holding the water at bay.

    An interesting aside is, here in the DC area, my wife just passed a gas
    station with lines up to one mile long. So much for the ability to trust
    this Administration and their ability to actually do the business of
    government.

    Rest gently, America. You won't get a chance soon.

    --

    "SSJVCmag" <ten@nozirev.gamnocssj.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    annoying
    > and irreleveant... He was shouted down nicely!)
    > This is hardly the primarily barlike, adult, human and civil forum it once
    > was and it doesn;t surprise me.
    >

    > > I know my wife will kill me for offering, although I see the horror in
    her
    > > eyes. Then again it means room for one more. I'll be glad to give up
    my
    > > studio for 18 months if that's what it takes.
    > >
    > > Can anyone imagine what toll it would take if New York had to be
    evacuated?

    > > --
    > >

    > > Roger W. Norman
    > > SirMusic Studio
    > > http://blogs.salon.com/0004478/

    "Roger W. Norman" <Roger@SirMusicStudio.com> wrote in message...

    > that no one has questions about our compadres in New Orleans who obviously

    I sent mail to Richard Webb and Jeannie Perkins... got an answer from Jean,
    she is fine - lost only the things that were at her work place and a car left
    in remote parking for mass transit... house came through fine. Nothing yet
    from 'El-Spider'. I don't know anyone else who was for sure there.

    DM

    Jona Vark wrote:
    > yeah.. blame this president you think is an idiot for everything under the
    > sun.
    >
    > At least you're doing your part.
    >
    > Of course, he'll have to take credit for every sunny day also.

    Get lost fool..... You're the last person on earth to see that Bush
    provided no leadership whatsoever in the greatest natural disaster in
    American History..... And he will continue failing through the rest of
    this disaster. God help us.

    Google these words .... "miserable failure".... and George Bush comes
    up..... The dictionary has his photo next the same words.

    J_West

    You mean that? I didn't find anything under that with google.

    --

    Roger W. Norman wrote:

    > If anyone knows of any of our RAP contributors that needs a place to live
    > for the next four months or whatever (my true guess is 18 months), whilst
    > this nation works towards some solution to this problem, I volunteer my
    > home, even at the expense of my wife becoming incensed about the
    > possibility.

    Not to in any way detract from your kind offer, Roger, but
    what is needed right now is people everywhere being able and
    willing to do this without regard to common interest or
    commonality of any kind. The states which border this
    catastrophe are simply not going to be able to do the job.
    From the numbers of refugees that I've heard, people all
    over this country are going to have to open their homes, or
    even make their garages habitable and available, to solve
    the problem. How people _with_ can be matched with people
    _without_ is a problem that puzzles me, though.

    This is the first time in a long time that I've regreted my
    minimization of requirements (and income) to the least space
    and facility I can reasonably get by with.

    Bob

    simpler."

    A. Einstein

    > Well, you can't get there from here. There are no responsible agencies
    that
    > take calls, no places to call other than if you have relatives, and no way
    > to try to offer help on a personal basis.

    TRY SENDING CASH.

    :|

    Obviously you didn't understand the idea that cash was not a solution to a
    problem. Perhaps you believe spending money on a problem you don't
    understand should produce more reasonable results? Like if your recording
    isn't good enough moving to 24/96 is the answer? Correct me if I'm wrong,
    but cash doesn't get to the people, and everything I've said about getting a
    job, the length of the problem, and working on how children perceive what's
    happening didn't touch you.

    I guess this proves that idiots are born every minute. I just didn't expect
    to get one.

    --

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:50:39 GMT, "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote:

    >"Roger W. Norman" <Roger@SirMusicStudio.com> wrote in message
    >> Well, you can't get there from here. There are no responsible agencies
    >that
    >> take calls, no places to call other than if you have relatives, and no way
    >> to try to offer help on a personal basis.
    >>

    >TRY SENDING CASH.
    >
    >:|

    I'm not all that comfortable with just sending cash. I also feel
    compelled to find a way to go down there and help out in some
    constructive way. I'm way up here in canada and I'd be willing to
    shelter people if need be.

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:10:46 +0200, Roger W. Norman wrote:

    >> This is hardly the primarily barlike, adult, human and civil forum it
    >> once was and it doesn;t surprise me.
    >
    > It infuriates me. What mic should I use to grab the last gasp of life
    > from the stricken in New Orleans? Or the wail of a 3 year old that
    > hasn't been fed or given a drink of water in 5 days?

    There is not much we can do from the netherlands, but some specialists are
    underway to help with reconstruction of infrastructure. Here we do have a lot
    of experience with living below sealevel. I live about 5m below sealevel.

    To say it mildly, I do not understand there are quite a lot of reporters
    present, but after all these days even hospitals are without water, food
    and other supplies as even insuline. It was clear for some time a disaster
    was going to happen and about a week ago it was clear a real big disaster
    was heading to this area. Organisation of help should have started when
    evacuation of 1.5 million started.

    --
    Chel van Gennip
    Visit Serg van Gennip's site http://www.serg.vangennip.com

    It's the unfortunate process of pork barrel politics rather than actually
    taking care of the nation's and the people's business. This is why we are
    susceptible to terrorist attacks and have a government that supposes it can
    do something with a "war" on terror rather than treating it as a law
    enforcement problem.

    In other words, it's what the officials want to see it as, rather than being
    seen for what it is.

    --

    > It's the unfortunate process of pork barrel politics rather than actually
    > taking care of the nation's and the people's business. This is why we are
    > susceptible to terrorist attacks and have a government that supposes it
    > can
    > do something with a "war" on terror rather than treating it as a law
    > enforcement problem.
    >
    > In other words, it's what the officials want to see it as, rather than
    > being
    > seen for what it is.
    >
    > --

    I woke up this morning thinking "it is day five (four?) and in Southeast
    Asia, by now we had tent cities going up". Here, we have an administration
    treating it as if it is still a temporary, short term problem. Let's face
    it folks, these New Orleans people have lost their homes -- a half-million
    of them -- most forever (think of the health problem when they finally get
    there homes drained after two - three months of soaking - they simply won't
    be habitable.). Many will have no jobs. Right now many are dying, but even
    if they are relocated to stadiums, what are they to do? They need some
    privacy, food, a place to bathe, schools for their kids, places to file
    paperwork. They need tent cities and schools and hospitals. But the
    administration has shown little evidence that it has even begun to think
    that way. We have a major refugee problem on our hands that is going to
    last years.

    Perhaps the two ex-Presidents will be able to see more clearly than the
    current inhabitant.

    He was on the news today, telling the victims "I'm satisfied with the
    actions we are taking, although I am not happy about the results to date".
    What bullshit. Just what they wanted to hear! If he had any courage, he'd
    have taken a half dozen secret servicemen, left Karl Rove behind (who staged
    the incident with the weeping mothers) and set his copter down by the
    SuperDome. Then he would have reamed a half-dozen asses and put Bill
    Clinton in charge of the recovery with full authority to act.

    On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:20:25 -0400, Harry Lavo wrote:

    > Perhaps the two ex-Presidents will be able to see more clearly than the
    > current inhabitant.

    Well, maybe one of them. Don't forget he learned everything he knows from
    the other.

    "Agent 86" <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:20:25 -0400, Harry Lavo wrote:
    >
    >> Perhaps the two ex-Presidents will be able to see more clearly than the
    >> current inhabitant.
    >
    > Well, maybe one of them. Don't forget he learned everything he knows from
    > the other.

    Frankly, I'd take either of the two ex's over this dumbass anyway. But at
    least Clinton can think into and through a problem and make personal
    decisions as a leader. Moreover, he has a common touch. He would be down
    there learning firsthand what needed done and leading from a forward
    position. Symbolically, Bush just "flew over" N.O. on day 2, when landing
    might actually have given him some insight. But there was no script to
    follow, so.........

    Name me a sunny day. I'm not blaming Bush because he's stupid. I'm saying
    he's stupid because of his actions. You take that whatever way you
    determine. But show me a sunny day under the Bush Administration. Read my
    blog. Do some research. Then eat my shorts.

    --

    Jona Vark wrote:

    >>this fate. You may think you are right, but then again so does Bush.
    >>

    > I know I am right.

    Yeah, you have the brain market cornered. uh huh. ....

    You wouldn't happen to know about the mysterious absense of Miho, would ya?

    http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

    Yeah,

    These were Bush's buses. Your argument is pathetic. Have you ever lived in
    New Orleans?

    Roger W. Norman wrote:
    > Name me a sunny day. I'm not blaming Bush because he's stupid. I'm saying
    > he's stupid because of his actions. You take that whatever way you
    > determine. But show me a sunny day under the Bush Administration. Read my
    > blog. Do some research. Then eat my shorts.

    Someday Roger, someday perhaps you might let some great tragedy
    pass without giving in to the inevitable, kneejerk impulse to make a
    political football out of it?

    Whether it's a Natural Disaster, an Act of God or a Terrorist
    Attack, somehow it all becomes an excersise in finger pointing and
    political self superiority. Give it a rest at least for a while, please
    - it will make our need to unite during a time of crisis a whole lot
    easier for everyone.

    Will Miho
    NY Music and TV/Audio Post Guy

    Hadn't thought of that one.

    Besides, it was sincerely a call for all of us to do what we can. Or more
    to the point, the most we can. Contributing to the Red Cross is a "feel
    good about yourself" type of thing. It does nothing for the people that
    will have nothing for months to years. And I admit it would be one hell of
    a thing to take on. But isn't this just about the biggest disasters that's
    happened to America in the last 100 years? Not for the number of dead,
    since we don't really know that total. More it's the number that will still
    be living knowing they have nothing to look forward to without a little bit
    of help. A far sadder situation in my humble opinion.

    It's surprising to me that anyone that seems to represent a somewhat
    republican bent can suggest that donating money to the Red Cross is a more
    Christian move than inviting people who need our help into our homes. And
    I'm not necessarily even a Christian. I just believe in doing unto others
    as I would have them do unto me. But this guy would be way off my scope.
    Maybe if it's him in the streets with no electricity or water or food or
    banks I should give him a check?

    --

    "Harry Lavo" <hlavo@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Agent 86" <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:20:25 -0400, Harry Lavo wrote:
    > >
    > >> Perhaps the two ex-Presidents will be able to see more clearly than the
    > >> current inhabitant.
    > >
    > > Well, maybe one of them. Don't forget he learned everything he knows
    from
    > > the other.
    >
    > Frankly, I'd take either of the two ex's over this dumbass anyway. But at
    > least Clinton can think into and through a problem and make personal
    > decisions as a leader.

    Clinton EVADED every important decision and left it for the next guy. Who
    are you kidding?

    > Moreover, he has a common touch. He would be down
    > there learning firsthand what needed done and leading from a forward
    > position.

    Yeah.. he commonly touched every woman he could.

    You don't have to go there to learn what needs to be done. That's the job of
    FEMA and the city of N.O.

    That's why there is more than ONE person in government. DUH.

    Symbolically, Bush just "flew over" N.O. on day 2, when landing
    > might actually have given him some insight. But there was no script to
    > follow, so.........

    I have yet to hear ONE reason why the President should have landed in N.O.
    Exactly what is it you are expecting him to do? Take up vast security
    resources which could be used saving lives? Sure.. if he DID go into N.O.
    you would be whining about that.

    Give it up.

    Duh? Good answer from a twenty something that has not had his brain turned
    on yet.

    Don't bother to answer again because when it comes down to it, you make
    yourself look worse by doing so.

    All those that will help will, and people like you won't, but you'll wished
    you did if you become the victims.

    Enough said because you have no legs to stand on.

    --

    > Obviously you didn't understand the idea that cash was not a solution to a
    > problem. Perhaps you believe spending money on a problem you don't
    > understand should produce more reasonable results? Like if your recording
    > isn't good enough moving to 24/96 is the answer? Correct me if I'm wrong,
    > but cash doesn't get to the people, and everything I've said about getting
    > job, the length of the problem, and working on how children perceive
    what's
    > happening didn't touch you.
    >
    > I guess this proves that idiots are born every minute. I just didn't
    expect
    > to get one.

    What on earth are you talking about? 24/96? That's your analogy? That's
    weak. There are many problems that can be solved with a higher sample rate
    and wider data width. Otherwise we'd all be working at 44.1/16.

    Look.. why don't you DRIVE down there in a van and pick up some people to
    come and live in your house?

    The Red Cross and other relief organizations need money and blood. Not extra
    space in DC.

    You're the idiot here.

    "banjaxed" <priest@gunga.din> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:50:39 GMT, "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote:
    >

    > >"Roger W. Norman" <Roger@SirMusicStudio.com> wrote in message
    > >> Well, you can't get there from here. There are no responsible agencies
    > >that
    > >> take calls, no places to call other than if you have relatives, and no
    way
    > >> to try to offer help on a personal basis.
    > >>

    > >TRY SENDING CASH.
    > >
    > >:|
    > >

    > I'm not all that comfortable with just sending cash. I also feel
    > compelled to find a way to go down there and help out in some
    > constructive way. I'm way up here in canada and I'd be willing to
    > shelter people if need be.

    Send it to the Red Cross. You can always send cash AND go pick up a family
    to come and live with you.. (sheesh)

    What an ass. Who here wouldn't send money to the Red Cross for this?

    Geez, what an ass. Sheesh.

    You haven't understood a thing I've said, have you, wax for ears. The funny
    thing is that you are READING this, not listening to it.

    --

    > Name me a sunny day. I'm not blaming Bush because he's stupid. I'm
    saying
    > he's stupid because of his actions. You take that whatever way you
    > determine. But show me a sunny day under the Bush Administration. Read
    my
    > blog. Do some research. Then eat my shorts.

    Your blog is nothing more than a liberal sore loser rant on the rabid left's
    Salon.com. Irrelevant as a fart in the wind.

    blog.. what a joke.

    On 9/2/05 6:18 PM, in article pan.2005.09.02.22.18.48.646047@control.gov,
    "Agent 86" <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:20:25 -0400, Harry Lavo wrote:
    >
    >> Perhaps the two ex-Presidents will be able to see more clearly than the
    >> current inhabitant.
    >
    > Well, maybe one of them. Don't forget he learned everything he knows from
    > the other.

    Oh if only!!!!!
    Papa Bush TURNED DOWN the opportunity to try to take over Iraq... Even wrote
    it in a book...

    On 9/2/05 8:20 PM, in article d%5Se.406$pt.85@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net,
    "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote:

    > Your blog is nothing more than a liberal sore loser rant on the rabid left's
    > Salon.com. Irrelevant as a fart in the wind.
    >
    > blog.. what a joke.

    Anybody catch that this whiner seems to have forgotten to point us to
    -their- seminal, concise, wise and ballanced essays...

    Anybody know who the new trolltwerp is?
    Feeding time's over.

    > Duh? Good answer from a twenty something that has not had his brain
    turned
    > on yet.

    Again.. your debating tactics are very poor. Perhaps back to your blog where
    it is more of a one-sided converstaion?

    > Don't bother to answer again because when it comes down to it, you make
    > yourself look worse by doing so.

    empty.

    > All those that will help will, and people like you won't, but you'll
    wished
    > you did if you become the victims.

    You might have missed the fact that I gave to the Red Cross. You on the
    other hand are writing in a blog no one will ever see.

    > Enough said because you have no legs to stand on.

    emptier.

    I see you're drained. Clean empty of worthwhile things to say.

    > --
    >

    > Roger W. Norman
    > SirMusic Studio
    > http://blogs.salon.com/0004478/
    >
    > "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Harry Lavo" <hlavo@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Agent 86" <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote in message

    > the

    > > from
    > > >
    > > > Frankly, I'd take either of the two ex's over this dumbass anyway.
    But
    > at
    > > > least Clinton can think into and through a problem and make personal
    > > > decisions as a leader.
    > >

    > > Clinton EVADED every important decision and left it for the next guy.
    Who
    > > are you kidding?
    > >

    > > > Moreover, he has a common touch. He would be down
    > > > there learning firsthand what needed done and leading from a forward
    > > > position.
    > >
    > > Yeah.. he commonly touched every woman he could.
    > >
    > > You don't have to go there to learn what needs to be done. That's the
    job
    > of
    > > FEMA and the city of N.O.
    > >
    > > That's why there is more than ONE person in government. DUH.
    > >

    > > Symbolically, Bush just "flew over" N.O. on day 2, when landing
    > > > might actually have given him some insight. But there was no script
    > > > follow, so.........
    > >

    > > I have yet to hear ONE reason why the President should have landed in
    N.O.
    > > Exactly what is it you are expecting him to do? Take up vast security
    > > resources which could be used saving lives? Sure.. if he DID go into
    N.O.
    > > you would be whining about that.
    > >

    > > Give it up.

    Leap if you feel froggy. Just do it on the blog. I wasn't trying to get
    YOUR piss-ant attention. I was making a statement about the seriousness of
    the situation. But like all good republicans, you change the subject, make
    personal attacks and draw it back on anyone with a heart, and then act as if
    somehow you had it right all the time by your donation to the Red Cross when
    your own Bill O'Reilly gave every liberal a hard time for donating their
    time for 9/11 without getting a full accounting on what the money was spent
    for, or, when the RED CROSS wanted to put some of the money aside for just
    such an emergency as we have now, you republicans following Bill O'Reilly
    and Rush Limbaugh yelled until their faces were blue with envy of all that
    money being stuck ASIDE instead of INSIDE somebody's pockets.

    You figure it out. Or better yet, don't try. I'd hate to be the cause of
    some infantile brain injury on your part.

    --

    > On 9/2/05 8:20 PM, in article d%5Se.406$pt.85@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net,
    > "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Your blog is nothing more than a liberal sore loser rant on the rabid
    left's
    > > Salon.com. Irrelevant as a fart in the wind.
    > >
    > > blog.. what a joke.
    >
    > Anybody catch that this whiner seems to have forgotten to point us to
    > -their- seminal, concise, wise and ballanced essays...

    Yes.. nowdays you can't even discuss anything unless you write long winded
    empty essays. Or blogs ... I am an engineer not a journalist.

    > Anybody know who the new trolltwerp is?
    > Feeding time's over.

    Hey! someone else started this OT thread. Did you expect everyone to agree
    in it?

    Roger W. Norman wrote:
    > Hadn't thought of that one.

    What one is that?

    Bob

    simpler."

    A. Einstein

    Roger W. Norman wrote:
    > Well, I can't believe I've gotten only a couple of responses, mostly from
    > people that know me, but I'm now going to try to get in touch with
    > authorities to get a family here to offer them shelter.

    Right on, Roger. Doing that will make you a giant in my eyes.

    Bob

    simpler."

    A. Einstein

    Roger W. Norman wrote:
    > I've not found a responsible agency that would put me into touch with anyone
    > that could use moving out of New Orleans.

    Check with craigslist. I just heard on CNN that they are
    stepping up to bat in trying to connect folks.

    Bob

    simpler."

    A. Einstein

    > What an ass. Who here wouldn't send money to the Red Cross for this?

    The poster from Canada declined. And you said you hadn't yet.. That's two.

    > Geez, what an ass. Sheesh.
    >
    > You haven't understood a thing I've said, have you, wax for ears.

    You haven't said anything. .Except you would turn away homosexuals and a few
    other childish dirty insults.. while calling me a homess twenty something.

    > The funny
    > thing is that you are READING this, not listening to it.

    ? um.. yeah.. that really is funny..

    > --
    >

    > Roger W. Norman
    > SirMusic Studio
    > http://blogs.salon.com/0004478/
    >
    > "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "banjaxed" <priest@gunga.din> wrote in message

    > agencies
    > no
    > > way

    > > > I'm not all that comfortable with just sending cash. I also feel
    > > > compelled to find a way to go down there and help out in some
    > > > constructive way. I'm way up here in canada and I'd be willing to
    > > > shelter people if need be.
    > > >

    > > Send it to the Red Cross. You can always send cash AND go pick up a
    family
    > > to come and live with you.. (sheesh)

    Damn, you ARE Karl Rove.

    --

    > "Roger W. Norman" <Roger@SirMusicStudio.com> wrote in message
    > > What an ass. Who here wouldn't send money to the Red Cross for this?
    >
    > The poster from Canada declined. And you said you hadn't yet.. That's two.
    >

    > > Geez, what an ass. Sheesh.
    > >
    > > You haven't understood a thing I've said, have you, wax for ears.
    >
    > You haven't said anything. .Except you would turn away homosexuals and a
    few
    > other childish dirty insults.. while calling me a homess twenty something.
    >

    > > The funny
    > > thing is that you are READING this, not listening to it.
    >
    > ? um.. yeah.. that really is funny..
    >

    > > --
    > >

    > > Roger W. Norman
    > > SirMusic Studio
    > > http://blogs.salon.com/0004478/
    > >
    > > "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "banjaxed" <priest@gunga.din> wrote in message

    > > agencies
    > > no
    > > > way

    > > > Send it to the Red Cross. You can always send cash AND go pick up a
    > family
    > > > to come and live with you.. (sheesh)

    "Roger W. Norman" wrote ...
    > Damn, you ARE Karl Rove.

    Careful, your head is about to explode.
    Leftists are the most intollerant group to be found in these parts.

    Richard Crowley wrote:

    > Careful, your head is about to explode.
    > Leftists are the most intollerant group to be found in these parts.

    Hahahaha, right. "Leftists" are the intollerant ones. Is this part of
    yer standup routine?

    You have to know where Richard comes from to ask the question.

    Besides, I'm not a leftist. I'm a liberterian with left leanings. I don't
    believe in the war in Iraq for lies, but I do believe in the 2nd Amendment.
    I think Judge Roberts could probably be a pretty good judge if he wasn't a
    part of the political system anymore. As a paid employee, he's just another
    shill, and while well versed, doing nothing more than his bosses wanted.
    Any of us would do the same. Any good lawyer could argue either side of a
    case with equal applomb.

    I believe Bush is stupid, a toady cowtowing to the idea of making his Dad's
    name right (which he can't do) and ignorant about how to be a leader. In
    fact, I don't believe he's a leader at all. But then again he had the
    opportunity today to show some backbone and instead he showed his backside
    as he shook hands all around rather than getting off the chopper and telling
    people exactly what he wanted and exactly what he was willing to do for them
    to get the job done.

    I don't blame any of the officials in the affected area if they find the
    federal government lacking in their response. It was. Slow, cumbersome and
    ineffectual. Finally after 5 days things are just starting to go right.
    Even a Bush might get some things right if there's enough fricking time to
    think about it.

    Ah, but I forgot. Bushes don't think. They burn.

    --

    > I'll throw up any of my 16/44.1 recordings against yours. Up to the task?
    >
    > --

    Oh my God.. I am arguing with a nutcase.

    "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley@xpr7t.net> wrote in message
    > "Roger W. Norman" wrote ...
    > > Damn, you ARE Karl Rove.
    >
    > Careful, your head is about to explode.
    > Leftists are the most intollerant group to be found in these parts.

    This guy Crowley.. he's someone to respect for sure. Whether or not he has
    distaste for me.. I like him.

    And regardless of how high you hold yourself, Richard is a valued member
    here. I don't recall seeing you here much.

    --

    Roger W. Norman wrote:

    > And regardless of how high you hold yourself, Richard is a valued member
    > here. I don't recall seeing you here much.

    I wonder.

    Hey, Richard has been helpful, insightful and totally without giving me a
    hard time for my leanings. Even in his statement along this thread. I
    think he may question the intelligence of helping somebody I don't know, but
    I don't believe he questions my desire to help in a way that means
    something. And I'll worry about the intelligence of my own decisions
    anyway.

    Richard and I have both had disagreements and agreements. 'Nuf said.

    --

    > And regardless of how high you hold yourself, Richard is a valued member
    > here. I don't recall seeing you here much.
    >
    > --

    you don't recall seeing a lot of things..

    > Roger W. Norman
    > SirMusic Studio
    > http://blogs.salon.com/0004478/
    >
    > "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley@xpr7t.net> wrote in message
    > > > "Roger W. Norman" wrote ...
    > > >
    > > > Careful, your head is about to explode.
    > > > Leftists are the most intollerant group to be found in these parts.
    > >

    > > This guy Crowley.. he's someone to respect for sure. Whether or not he
    has
    > > distaste for me.. I like him.

Pro Audio Audio