Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 crashes after installing

Last response: in Windows 7
July 25, 2012 11:49:27 PM

Ok, I purchased a larger drive (Western Digital) and I have installed Windows 7 onto it. So I'm trying to use my same license key on the new drive as my other drive and I think it won't let me do this. My old smaller drive has the message "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows in not genuine". When I attempt to boot into the new drive, windows start up repair starts and attempts to repair the thing and it can't fix it. After the initial installation of windows I was able to get into the new drive. But as soon as I booted after installing firefox and chrome and the IE9, it installed updates which caused it to crash.

What am I supposed to do? I want to be able to boot into either drive, obviously I bought a larger drive because I'm running out of space on the old drive.. :sarcastic: 
a b $ Windows 7
July 26, 2012 12:24:09 AM

Clonezilla is a Free & Open Source Software for Disk Imaging and Cloning. You can make a Full System Backup or transfer the entire contents of one drive to another if you are doing a Hard drive upgrade.

How to use Clonezilla Step By Step instructions with pictures!
m
l
July 26, 2012 4:36:16 AM

I tried this Clone software and it DOESN'T WORK on my machine. What a waste of my time. Clonezilla DOES NOT WORK... GOT IT? How can they claim that it even works let alone promote the crap? I also tried using Acronis and it doesn't work either... Windows will not start on my dual drive system after cloning my small drive onto the larger drive.. Don't waste your time with this software. I followed all the instructions exactly as I was supposed to. I am so riled about this problem. It's totally outrageous that I can't get Windows 7 installed onto the drive. It takes a whole stupid 5 minutes just to boot into my smaller hard drive.

IS THERE ANYONE ON THIS FORUM WHO KNOWS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS HERE? WHY WON'T WINDOWS 7 INSTALL? IS IT SNIFFING AROUND SEEING THE SMALLER DRIVE AND RECOGNIZING THE SAME LICENSE KEY AND MESSING THE BOOT AREA FROM WORKING PROPERLY? I NEED A SOLUTION THAT WORKS.
m
l
Related resources
a c 229 $ Windows 7
July 26, 2012 12:55:34 PM

sking said:
My old smaller drive has the message "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows in not genuine".

How do you expect anything to work if your copy of windows is not genuine?
m
l
July 28, 2012 9:22:32 PM

My Windows 7 IS Genuine...I still need a solution.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 29, 2012 12:07:04 AM

you need to call microsoft to clear up your licensing issue
m
l
!