problem writing 4x ( DVD)

Marauder1905

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
Hey ,

I am having this problem with my brand new LG-GSA 4040B which basically says you can not burn at this speed because the drive doesn't let you blah blah so it goes back to 2x to write...any idea what might be causing this?

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
If that is the only brand you've tried, you should try other discs. Sometimes DVD burners don't like certain discs. Make sure they are quality discs also. Try some Sony 4x or Apple 4x.

<A HREF="http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm" target="_new">DVD Shrink</A>

Marauder1905

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
thanks for the link but when I want to shrink stuff in the dvd's it always says copyrighted etc therefore can not open disk...anything I can do about this? Because won't let me shrink , when I say open, it says copyrighted blah blah.
So anyone?

Marauder1905

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
Well, I tried couple more times w/ the " Open Disk " option and it finally worked, that was weird. I am now doing it for another movie and never caused a problem.

Marauder1905

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
oh and should I be writing onto my media as AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS? or should I just copy all the files onto the disc, like all chapters and audio etc?

DVD X COPY (Express), Possibly the best solution available, will rip and burn to disk in less than 30Min using DVD-R 4X media, hassle free no thinking on your part, two steps involved rip then burn, uses compression software will fit a 9GB movie on a 4.7GB disk with no lost quality.

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>