Problems with ChessBases's Media Player

Every time I try to use the media player on either Shredder or Hiarcs,
either with a DVD or a CD, the presentation quits after about two
minutes and I get the message, Program Discontinued, you may lose what
you are working on. The the whole presentation then immediately shuts
down. The computer is a recently purchased Dell wit XP and the programs
have been patched. CB, are you there? Any ideas about how to fix
this??

ceebee

renaissanceman@i-plus.net wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

> Every time I try to use the media player on either Shredder or
> Hiarcs, either with a DVD or a CD, the presentation quits after
> about two minutes and I get the message, Program Discontinued,
> you may lose what you are working on. The the whole
> presentation then immediately shuts down. The computer is a
> recently purchased Dell wit XP and the programs have been
> patched. CB, are you there? Any ideas about how to fix this??

People have occasionally reported that they're experiencing
problems with Media Player 10 and the Ches media system, and had
more luck with WMP version 9. As you have a fairly new system, I
guess WMP10 came preinstalled. I don't know if it's possible to
try a downgrade.

You also could try to let WMP do a search for updates and see if
that helps. And when graphics are involved, maybe see if you can
obtain more recent drivers for your video card.

--
CeeBee

"Eppur si muove!"

<renaissanceman@i-plus.net> wrote:
> CB, are you there?

I've never seen anyone from Chessbase post here so I wouldn't necessarily
assume that anyone from the company reads these groups. If nobody here is
able to help you, you should contact Chessbase customer support directly.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Laptop Wine (TM): it's like a vintage
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ Beaujolais that you can put on