Sign in with
Your question

Need help with virus?

Last response: in Windows 7
July 26, 2012 3:30:33 AM

Apparently I have satan's offspring lodged in my desktop because the virus inside of it is just relentless.

I just got a new desktop, after my friend gave it to me with warning of a virus inside. I thought it would be an easy task to overcome with my vast virus extinguishing over my years. It seemed to be a rootkit, causing browsers to direct to yahoo and internet to slow to a crawl. I full scanned Avast,AVG,and a few other basic AVPs. Nothing. Then I got rootkit specific AVPs including Hitman Pro and GEMP (or whatever it was named). Nothing at all. I checked devices and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. The only sign of internet being a problem I could find at all was that my Wifi point was sending 100,000 b vs receiving 4 mil- billions.

This virus is like a computer crippler. Within seconds of internet stress, It disconnects from my game clients, browsers, and other things.

Help?

More about : virus

July 26, 2012 3:39:20 AM

someone should be with you shortly... we have been having a few virus issued threads lately...
m
l
July 26, 2012 3:42:24 AM

I only know one effective way to remove the virus 100%: reformat the drive and re-install OS.
m
l
Related resources
July 26, 2012 3:47:11 AM

Got any software suggestions?
m
l
July 26, 2012 3:48:35 AM

Although (Not sure) It might be caused by my wifi reciever. WNA1100 Netgear.

m
l
!