Chess for mobil phones?

Hi.
Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
phone). Suggestions any one?
6 answers Last reply
More about chess mobil phones
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Magnus J?verberg wrote:
    > Hi.
    > Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
    > mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
    > www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
    > phone). Suggestions any one?

    Call Kasparov with your phone ;-)

    (Sorry, I could not resist).
    --
    Peter Pein
    Berlin

    "Magnus J?verberg" <javerberg@yahoo.com> wrote
    > Hi.
    > Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
    > mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
    > www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
    > phone). Suggestions any one?

    Have you tried all levels of CM ? I bet that the highest level of CM run on
    a good cellphone can make you some troubles.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    www.chessgenius.com
    --
    Chet Marino
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    > > Hi.
    > > Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
    > > mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
    > > www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
    > > phone). Suggestions any one?
    >
    > Have you tried all levels of CM ? I bet that the highest level of CM run on
    > a good cellphone can make you some troubles.

    Absolutely, no doubt. What I'm searching for is a program that plays
    strong on a poor cell phone. I do however belive you are right about
    the importance of the phone, and next time I buy my self a new one I
    will take this into account.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    "Magnus J?verberg" <javerberg@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi.
    >> > Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
    >> > mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
    >> > www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
    >> > phone). Suggestions any one?
    >>
    >> Have you tried all levels of CM ? I bet that the highest level of CM run
    >> on
    >> a good cellphone can make you some troubles.
    >
    > Absolutely, no doubt. What I'm searching for is a program that plays
    > strong on a poor cell phone. I do however belive you are right about
    > the importance of the phone, and next time I buy my self a new one I
    > will take this into account.

    Why not buy a cell phone that's having a 500Mhz processor?

    Vincent
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:55:22 +0200, "Vincent Diepeveen"
    <diep@xs4all.nl> wrote:

    >Why not buy a cell phone that's having a 500Mhz processor?

    Mine has a 200 Mhz processor, too low for a java applicatione like
    Chessmaster, but enough for a native application like Chessgenius.

PC gaming Mobile Phones Computers Video Games