Chess for mobil phones?

Last response: in Video Games
April 24, 2005 1:24:37 PM

Hi.
Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
phone). Suggestions any one?

More about : chess mobil phones

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 11:12:38 PM

Magnus J?verberg wrote:
> Hi.
> Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
> mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
> www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
> phone). Suggestions any one?

Call Kasparov with your phone ;-)

(Sorry, I could not resist).
--
Peter Pein
Berlin

"Magnus J?verberg" <javerberg@yahoo.com> wrote
> Hi.
> Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
> mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
> www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
> phone). Suggestions any one?

Have you tried all levels of CM ? I bet that the highest level of CM run on
a good cellphone can make you some troubles.
April 26, 2005 12:27:54 AM

www.chessgenius.com
--
Chet Marino
Anonymous

> > Hi.
> > Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
> > mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
> > www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
> > phone). Suggestions any one?
>
> Have you tried all levels of CM ? I bet that the highest level of CM run on
> a good cellphone can make you some troubles.

Absolutely, no doubt. What I'm searching for is a program that plays
strong on a poor cell phone. I do however belive you are right about
the importance of the phone, and next time I buy my self a new one I
will take this into account.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 6:55:22 PM

"Magnus J?verberg" <javerberg@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi.
>> > Can any one recommend some chess program based on midp 1.0 (java for
>> > mobile phones and other small units)? I tried chessmaster from
>> > www.gameloft.com. Works ok, but it's rather week (at least on my
>> > phone). Suggestions any one?
>>
>> Have you tried all levels of CM ? I bet that the highest level of CM run
>> on
>> a good cellphone can make you some troubles.
>
> Absolutely, no doubt. What I'm searching for is a program that plays
> strong on a poor cell phone. I do however belive you are right about
> the importance of the phone, and next time I buy my self a new one I
> will take this into account.

Why not buy a cell phone that's having a 500Mhz processor?

Vincent
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 9:47:20 PM

On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:55:22 +0200, "Vincent Diepeveen"
<diep@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Why not buy a cell phone that's having a 500Mhz processor?

Mine has a 200 Mhz processor, too low for a java applicatione like
Chessmaster, but enough for a native application like Chessgenius.
!