Transfer existing data to new palm

July 27, 2004 9:56:09 AM

Hi All.

I have a TC called Bob. I have just bought a T2 secondhand and renamed
it BobH.

I want to transfer the data from Bob to BobH and then sell the TC
(Bob).

I tried simply renaming the Bob data on the desktop to BobH but the
Palm desktop is detecting the ID of the machines and saying that there
is a conflict.

Any way of doing this? I know there must be something simple but I
cannot find it.

Cheers
Bob
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 10:13:22 PM

In article <7b144ff3.0407270456.337fae43@posting.google.com>,
r.hartley@bio.gla.ac.uk (Bob Hartley) wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I have a TC called Bob. I have just bought a T2 secondhand and renamed
> it BobH.
>
> I want to transfer the data from Bob to BobH and then sell the TC
> (Bob).
>
> I tried simply renaming the Bob data on the desktop to BobH but the
> Palm desktop is detecting the ID of the machines and saying that there
> is a conflict.
>
> Any way of doing this? I know there must be something simple but I
> cannot find it.

www.palmone.com. Look in the Support section for step-by-step instructions
where you specify the devices.
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 5:04:58 AM

guy@ether.net (Guy Bannis) wrote in message news:<guy-2707041114260001@192.168.1.103>...
> In article <7b144ff3.0407270456.337fae43@posting.google.com>,
> r.hartley@bio.gla.ac.uk (Bob Hartley) wrote:
>
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I have a TC called Bob. I have just bought a T2 secondhand and renamed
> > it BobH.
> >
> > I want to transfer the data from Bob to BobH and then sell the TC
> > (Bob).
> >
> > I tried simply renaming the Bob data on the desktop to BobH but the
> > Palm desktop is detecting the ID of the machines and saying that there
> > is a conflict.
> >
> > Any way of doing this? I know there must be something simple but I
> > cannot find it.
>

> www.palmone.com. Look in the Support section for step-by-step instructions
> where you specify the devices.

OK I should have also said that.

I have tried to get info for 2 days inb google and the palmone.com
site redirects to http://www-5.palmone.com/uk/index.html because I'm
in the UK.

I can get to the support page but cannot get to the knowledge base
page. Well I get there but it is blank??????

Any URL or info appreciated.

cheers
bob
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 6:46:22 AM

A couple of relevant URL's would be:

How To: Change or delete your device's User Name
http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=257...

Copying data from one Palm Desktop user profile to another
http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=257...

Keep in mind the fact that any third-party applications you may have which
required registration will probably cease to function on a device with a
user name which is not "Bob". Whereas some developers will issue a new
registration code under these circumstances, there are many who will not do
so.

Carmine Castiglia
Now, get your stuff back for less - buy StuffBak security / recovery labels
& tags at http://www.infosystemspro.com/pdaparts.htm and save!
Home of Geo-Matic for the Palm and Decimal Equivalents, Drills & Tap Drills
for the Palm (and screws too!)
More to come!

!