Diep tested at dual core AMD/INTEL

http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=667&pid=2543

In world champs 2004 at quad opteron 2.0Ghz diep got about 380k nps in
openingsposition.

tested is a 32 bits executable that reached:
529k nps at dual core dual opteron (4 processes).
It's just incredible. Scaling 3.92
Quad opteron world champs 2004 scaled 3.93

This was a net2003 executable compiled in 32 bits. Intel c++ compiles were
slower and 64 bits intel compiler i didn't manage to work at my k7 machine.
64 bits visual c++ compiler i do not own currently.

Huh?

"Vincent Diepeveen" <diep@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=667&pid=2543
>
> In world champs 2004 at quad opteron 2.0Ghz diep got about 380k nps in
> openingsposition.
>
> tested is a 32 bits executable that reached:
> 529k nps at dual core dual opteron (4 processes).
> It's just incredible. Scaling 3.92
> Quad opteron world champs 2004 scaled 3.93
>
> This was a net2003 executable compiled in 32 bits. Intel c++ compiles were
> slower and 64 bits intel compiler i didn't manage to work at my k7
> machine. 64 bits visual c++ compiler i do not own currently.

"Vincent Diepeveen" <diep@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

> This was a net2003 executable compiled in 32 bits. Intel c++ compiles were
> slower

Compile on a Xeon and run the binary on the Opteron.
It will use SSE2 that way.

SSE2 doesn't help for DIEP. it only slows down.

Chess is just integer work.

Diep is a 32 bits program.