Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Chess Assistant Light install question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 7:38:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

I downloaded theses files:


setup_calight7.exe (8.8MB)
CAP.rar
crafty.rar
Dtree.rar
Elite.rar
Eval.rar
fonts.rar
Help.rar
Indexator.rar
Sounds.rar

from http://www.convekta.com/downloads.asp

For now, I extracted the rars to their own directories,


CAP (2 files)
crafty (1 file)
Dtree (2 files)
Elite (24 files, 3 folders)
Eval (2 files)
fonts (5 files)
Help (2 files)
Indexator (2 files)
Sounds (107 files, 2 folders)


Would someone please explain how I should proceed with the
install.

tia,
rt
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 6:34:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

You have to run the .exe file first. This will install CA Light to your computer.

Vlad

rt wrote:

> I downloaded theses files:
>
>
> setup_calight7.exe (8.8MB)
> CAP.rar
> crafty.rar
> Dtree.rar
> Elite.rar
> Eval.rar
> fonts.rar
> Help.rar
> Indexator.rar
> Sounds.rar
>
> from http://www.convekta.com/downloads.asp
>
> For now, I extracted the rars to their own directories,
>
>
> CAP (2 files)
> crafty (1 file)
> Dtree (2 files)
> Elite (24 files, 3 folders)
> Eval (2 files)
> fonts (5 files)
> Help (2 files)
> Indexator (2 files)
> Sounds (107 files, 2 folders)
>
>
> Would someone please explain how I should proceed with the
> install.
>
> tia,
> rt
>
>
>
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 6:34:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

Vladyslav Kosulin <vladyslav.kosulin@verizon.net> wrote in
news:aDfee.15461$yd1.7913@trndny01:

> You have to run the .exe file first. This will install CA
Light to
> your computer.
>
> Vlad
>
> rt wrote:
>
>> I downloaded theses files:
>>
>>
>> setup_calight7.exe (8.8MB)
>> CAP.rar
>> crafty.rar
>> Dtree.rar
>> Elite.rar
>> Eval.rar
>> fonts.rar
>> Help.rar
>> Indexator.rar
>> Sounds.rar
>>
>> from http://www.convekta.com/downloads.asp
>>
>> For now, I extracted the rars to their own directories,
>>
>>
>> CAP (2 files)
>> crafty (1 file)
>> Dtree (2 files)
>> Elite (24 files, 3 folders)
>> Eval (2 files)
>> fonts (5 files)
>> Help (2 files)
>> Indexator (2 files)
>> Sounds (107 files, 2 folders)
>>
>>
>> Would someone please explain how I should proceed with the
>> install.
>>
>> tia,
>> rt
>>
>>
>>
>

Thanks. What do I do with the rar files? Do they go in the same
directory with setup_calight7.exe and then setup_calight7.exe
will extract them?

rt
Related resources
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 5:38:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

rt wrote:

> Thanks. What do I do with the rar files? Do they go in the same
> directory with setup_calight7.exe and then setup_calight7.exe
> will extract them?

No.
Fonts must be un-RARed and installed as Windows fonts.
Sounds must be unRARed into Sounds directory under the CA installation directory.
UnRAR Help and CAP into CA installation directory.
UnRAR Crafty into CA installation directory or somewhere else. CA can be
configured to use engine from anywhere.
UnRAR trees and databases to Bases directory under the CA installation directory.

Vlad
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 5:38:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

Vladyslav Kosulin <vladyslav.kosulin@verizon.net> wrote in
news:cUzee.20293$Ab.19158@trndny04:

> rt wrote:
>
>> Thanks. What do I do with the rar files? Do they go in the
same
>> directory with setup_calight7.exe and then
setup_calight7.exe
>> will extract them?
>
> No.
> Fonts must be un-RARed and installed as Windows fonts.
> Sounds must be unRARed into Sounds directory under the CA
> installation directory. UnRAR Help and CAP into CA
installation
> directory. UnRAR Crafty into CA installation directory or
> somewhere else. CA can be configured to use engine from
anywhere.
> UnRAR trees and databases to Bases directory under the CA
> installation directory.
>
> Vlad
>

I figured it out. The rars have to go in the same directory as
setup_calight7.exe. When the setup is run, it unpacks all of
the rars that are selected for installation.

rt
!