Dtree.rar
Elite.rar
Eval.rar
fonts.rar
Help.rar
Indexator.rar
Sounds.rar

from http://www.convekta.com/downloads.asp

For now, I extracted the rars to their own directories,

CAP (2 files)
crafty (1 file)
Dtree (2 files)
Elite (24 files, 3 folders)
Eval (2 files)
fonts (5 files)
Help (2 files)
Indexator (2 files)
Sounds (107 files, 2 folders)

Would someone please explain how I should proceed with the
install.

tia,
rt
4 answers Last reply
More about chess assistant light install question
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    You have to run the .exe file first. This will install CA Light to your computer.

    Vlad

    rt wrote:

    > I downloaded theses files:
    >

    > setup_calight7.exe (8.8MB)
    > CAP.rar
    > crafty.rar
    > Dtree.rar
    > Elite.rar
    > Eval.rar
    > fonts.rar
    > Help.rar
    > Indexator.rar
    > Sounds.rar
    >
    > from http://www.convekta.com/downloads.asp
    >
    > For now, I extracted the rars to their own directories,
    >

    > CAP (2 files)
    > crafty (1 file)
    > Dtree (2 files)
    > Elite (24 files, 3 folders)
    > Eval (2 files)
    > fonts (5 files)
    > Help (2 files)
    > Indexator (2 files)
    > Sounds (107 files, 2 folders)
    >

    > Would someone please explain how I should proceed with the
    > install.
    >
    > tia,
    > rt

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Vladyslav Kosulin <vladyslav.kosulin@verizon.net> wrote in

    > You have to run the .exe file first. This will install CA
    Light to
    > your computer.
    >
    > Vlad
    >
    > rt wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded theses files:
    >>

    >> setup_calight7.exe (8.8MB)
    >> CAP.rar
    >> crafty.rar
    >> Dtree.rar
    >> Elite.rar
    >> Eval.rar
    >> fonts.rar
    >> Help.rar
    >> Indexator.rar
    >> Sounds.rar
    >>
    >> from http://www.convekta.com/downloads.asp
    >>
    >> For now, I extracted the rars to their own directories,
    >>

    >> CAP (2 files)
    >> crafty (1 file)
    >> Dtree (2 files)
    >> Elite (24 files, 3 folders)
    >> Eval (2 files)
    >> fonts (5 files)
    >> Help (2 files)
    >> Indexator (2 files)
    >> Sounds (107 files, 2 folders)
    >>

    >> Would someone please explain how I should proceed with the
    >> install.
    >>
    >> tia,
    >> rt

    Thanks. What do I do with the rar files? Do they go in the same
    directory with setup_calight7.exe and then setup_calight7.exe
    will extract them?

    rt
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    rt wrote:

    > Thanks. What do I do with the rar files? Do they go in the same
    > directory with setup_calight7.exe and then setup_calight7.exe
    > will extract them?

    No.
    Fonts must be un-RARed and installed as Windows fonts.
    Sounds must be unRARed into Sounds directory under the CA installation directory.
    UnRAR Help and CAP into CA installation directory.
    UnRAR Crafty into CA installation directory or somewhere else. CA can be
    configured to use engine from anywhere.
    UnRAR trees and databases to Bases directory under the CA installation directory.

    Vlad
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    > rt wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks. What do I do with the rar files? Do they go in the
    same
    >> directory with setup_calight7.exe and then
    setup_calight7.exe
    >> will extract them?
    >
    > No.
    > Fonts must be un-RARed and installed as Windows fonts.
    > Sounds must be unRARed into Sounds directory under the CA
    > installation directory. UnRAR Help and CAP into CA
    installation
    > directory. UnRAR Crafty into CA installation directory or
    > somewhere else. CA can be configured to use engine from
    anywhere.
    > UnRAR trees and databases to Bases directory under the CA
    > installation directory.
    >
    > Vlad

    I figured it out. The rars have to go in the same directory as
    setup_calight7.exe. When the setup is run, it unpacks all of
    the rars that are selected for installation.

    rt

PC gaming Video Games