How to remove win32/medfos.BG trojan

showa1

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Have eset and it identifies the trojan but cannot remove. Have used super anti-spyware and malware bytes neither even identifies trojan. Have run eset and malware bytes in safe mode to no avail. Finally, tried system restore to an earlier date, have not yet turned computer on since then. Please HELP!!!!

showa1

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I forgot to mention I already used Microsoft Safety scanner and searched Microsoft database for info on this Trojan. Again, all to no avail. Safety scanner did not detect the Trojan and Microsoft had no info.

a fresh install of windows will remove a trojan. It is my understand that win32/medfos.BG is not a boot sector virus.

Hi :)

How would you like me to explain over 20 years of removing viruses ?? The longest post in the world history of Forums ?

Just accept that in this case you are wrong, and that comes from someone that removes viruses from Customers machines around 20 times a week on average...

All the best Brett :)

I was hoping you could link me to some information showing me that the virus we were discussing is actually a boot sector virus or that a format of the hard disk and re installation of windows would not work. All of the research i've done on google shows me that this method would indeed rid a computer of this particular virus. if there is any boot sector viruses other than this one ofcourse they can be eradicated simply by using fdisk /mbr. Either way I can see that we are not going to be able to have a logical discussion. We will just have to agree to disagree.

mikenike

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

If you are frustrated with win32/medfos.BG Trojan which is very similar to Win32.Small.EMI.Trj which sneakingly enter to the user computer and damages its entire security. it slow down the PC performance and also leads to issue like system crash and data loss.