Closed

Halo error

I installed the trial version of Halo from a PC Gamer CD
awhile back, and it worked. Then I uninstalled it. Now I
want to play it, so I installed it again, and now it
doesn't work. The first time I installed it I had Direct
X 9.0b, now I have Direct X 9.0c. The error I receive
when I try to play is "A problem occurred initializing
DirectDraw. Hardware accleration maybe disabled, please
run DXDIAG."

I don't understand why it would work before, and not now.
Pleas help.

Thank you.
4 answers Last reply
More about halo error

    Ok, couple things. If you have SP2 for Windows XP, It
    won't work. Currently, the Halo trail version will not
    work with SP2. Uninstall Halo trail version all of the
    way. Make sure to delete all folders and files. Download
    the file and install it again. Make sure you have DirectX
    9.0c End-User Runtime. If you have SP2, do not try to fix
    the problem. Thanks.

    I uninstalled it and deleted the files. It still doesn't
    work. It comes up with the same error. I don't have
    SP2. I just have XP Home Edition. Please help me again.

  3. i have sevice pack 2 and halo and halo demo run great.(so dont listen to the guy thats so biased about not running on sp2!!) but i have a friend who gets the same fatal error message and we cant find a fix
  4. This topic has been closed by Randomizer

Video Games