My windows update program is not functioning

legendprice

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hello,
My Windows update appears corupt it fails to update and the screen is relativly bland however it looks like it is trying to connect but never does anything

legendprice

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Microsoft FIXIT did not repair anything. My self diagnostic tool says undate is functioning proerly when in fact it does not function at all. My last restore point is when this issue began, So going to the restore point will not help eiher, And I cannot access SFCSCAN for some reason it countinuously states I must be the administrator to accsess when I am infact the administrator. I have changed account s and attempted to access as a different user with admin priviledges and it continues to state I must be administrator to access. I don't know there has not been one procedure that I have attempted on this site which helped at all. My comp works It just will ot update and I cannot restore any longer ! Can anyone please make a reccomendatiion which might help rsolve this issue? :fou:

legendprice

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Ok Now when I go into command prompt and attempt this function : regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

I get a response which states

The Module"wuaueng.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005

copy this "c:/windows/system32"
click start and paste it in the run box
type cmd right click on command prompt and select run as administrator
now you can run sfc /scannow
is the date and time correct on your pc windows update wont run unless the time is correct.