Automatic Gamma Correction Issue

pillbinge

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Hi All -

I've been using my laptop for about 2 weeks now (ASUS g75vw) and a few days ago, it started automatically correcting the gamma settings. It's using Windows 7. It happened randomly once and the gamma just corrected, so the whites are a little pink now (more red). When I go to correct it, I hit next, and everything reverts. But when I put my computer to sleep and wake it up, the same thing just happens. I have to reset the gamma.

I don't think I did anything to the system. In fact, I literally wasn't changing anything when it started happening.

Any idea why that's happening? And any reason why Windows 7 won't save my preferences?

I waited a few days to change some settings but I changed them back. Just some self-testing before I asked.

Any help is appreciated!

-pB

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
If you use ASUS, there is an utility that sometimes auto-runs when the computer starts, comes back from sleep, etc to correct the GAMMA and Hue. I think it is called ASUS Splendid utility under some ASUS folder in start menu. Look for it, and either set it to neutral, or disable it (or uninstall it).

Hopefully this is the issue.

pillbinge

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Thank you so much! That worked. Just shut it off then turned it on to check.

God, I wish I were 1/4 as useful to these forums as the help I've received. :)

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Glad that solved your problem! Cheers.