MN-510 Disconnects When I Use My Cordless

Hi,

Whenever I use my cordless phone (Panasonic 2.4GHz) I
lose my wireless connection. I dont even need to by
using the phone line. I lose my connection even if i'm
just checking who called.
3 answers Last reply
More about disconnects cordless

    I guess because they're on the same frequency. I keep my voice mail/main
    phone out of direct line of my wireless and I try to keep the extensions out
    of the way too. I haven't had any problems with my 4 computers on the 500
    series.
    Carol

    "Adam Blazenko" <adam_blazenko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Whenever I use my cordless phone (Panasonic 2.4GHz) I
    > lose my wireless connection. I dont even need to by
    > using the phone line. I lose my connection even if i'm
    > just checking who called.

    First verify that you have the DSL filter on all lines
    connected to phones.

    Then, try to change the channel on the phone (check the
    phone manual), and on the router. Changing the channel
    changes the operating frequency slightly, and you may be
    able to avoid overlapping them. Try with extreme channels
    (e.g. 1 and 11 on the router). Make sure to change also
    the wireless card on the PC to the same channel on the
    router, otherless the wifi won't work properly.

    If this doesn't resolve the provblem (for me it worked
    fine), the extreme solution is to replace the phone by a
    5GHz set, instead of the 2.4

    I have this same problem and was advised that the
    Panasonic phones are the worst offenders. Uniden makes a
    2.4 version that works well with 802.11b/g.

    Unfortunately, my problem is that my neighbor has an
    offending phone, and everytime he answers his phone, my
    network goes kaput until his conversation is over. Maybe
    I'll offer to buy him a Uniden.

Routers Cordless Phone Connection Microsoft Networking