Im An idiot with files

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
So i just downloaded a UIF file and i couldnt open it so i change the .UIF to a .iso and now i found a program to open the .UIF but the file is now an iso and i cant chage it back help please.

in windows it tells me the file type is ISO but when i want to add a .UIF to the end it makes it a .UIF.ISO insted of deleting the iso part HELP !

Solution
go to the file folder, then go to Tools, Folder Options, View. Then scroll down to Hide Extensions for known file types and untick the box. You should now be able to edit the extension (.iso to .UIF). Dont forget to put the tick back in when you're finished.

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
go to the file folder, then go to Tools, Folder Options, View. Then scroll down to Hide Extensions for known file types and untick the box. You should now be able to edit the extension (.iso to .UIF). Dont forget to put the tick back in when you're finished.

Solution

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
If this doesnt work, hit start then Run and type CMD
go to the folder that it's in using command "CD (parent folder/child folder)" and then type "Rename (filename).iso (filename).uif"

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
oh and what I mean by parent and child folder is "CD documents and settings\*username*\my documents\my downloads" Just make sure that the folder you need to get to is on the same drive that is in the prompt (C:\> or D:\>)