Pro Tools selector tool gone haywire! Help me, audio profe..

Last response: in Home Audio
September 8, 2005 5:01:16 PM

Hello audio professionals, I have a really stupid unprofessional
problem with pro-tools. For some reason all of a sudden, when I make a
selection and then press play, the selector tool no longer resets back
to where I placed it when it's done playing. Basically the marker stops
wherever the playback stops and I have to constantly be clicking back
to where I was. I'm sure this is some stupid checkbox somewhere that
someone clicked, but can someone help me? Thanks so much.

Isaac
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 12:36:45 AM

Isaac Marion - Art/Music wrote:
> Hello audio professionals, I have a really stupid unprofessional
> problem with pro-tools. For some reason all of a sudden, when I make a
> selection and then press play, the selector tool no longer resets back
> to where I placed it when it's done playing. Basically the marker stops
> wherever the playback stops and I have to constantly be clicking back
> to where I was. I'm sure this is some stupid checkbox somewhere that
> someone clicked, but can someone help me? Thanks so much.
>
> Isaac

Make sure you're in Command Focus Mode (with the a..z symbol next to Tab
to Transcient selected) and press "N".
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 11:29:13 AM

"Isaac Marion - Art/Music" <whyyesyesiam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126209676.678952.9540@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Hello audio professionals, I have a really stupid unprofessional
> problem with pro-tools. For some reason all of a sudden, when I make a
> selection and then press play, the selector tool no longer resets back
> to where I placed it when it's done playing. Basically the marker stops
> wherever the playback stops and I have to constantly be clicking back
> to where I was. I'm sure this is some stupid checkbox somewhere that
> someone clicked, but can someone help me? Thanks so much.
>
> Isaac

I'm not near PT at the moment, but this happens to me when 'guests' come in.

IIRC... Options | Preferences | Edit You are selected, "Cursor follows
playback"... reselect the desired option.

If that path is incorrect, there is definitely a menu option to remedy this.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

> I'm not near PT at the moment, but this happens to me when 'guests' come
in.

> IIRC... Options | Preferences | Edit You are selected, "Cursor
follows
> playback"... reselect the desired option.
>
> If that path is incorrect, there is definitely a menu option to remedy
this.

Yes, it's the only PT "bug" I know about.....
What OS are you running PT on?
F.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 12:55:07 AM

"Federico" <plokmichael@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:QgcUe.31974$O6.1973284@news3.tin.it...
> > I'm not near PT at the moment, but this happens to me when 'guests' come
> in.
> >
> > IIRC... Options | Preferences | Edit You are selected, "Cursor
> follows
> > playback"... reselect the desired option.
> >
> > If that path is incorrect, there is definitely a menu option to remedy
> this.
>
> Yes, it's the only PT "bug" I know about.....
> What OS are you running PT on?
> F.

Not sure about the OP... but we are on OSX-10 with PT 6.7

A cause of several "bugs" for us recently, was the installation of WaveBurner Pro.
!