PGN files in another language

I have inherited a PGN file with the piece names in French (R,D,T,F,C,P
rather than K,Q,R,B,N,P). Can CB9 take care of a conversion? Or do I
have to manually edit the file (and make the piece names "English")?

On 2005-05-16, markfinn_0@hotmail.com <markfinn_0@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have inherited a PGN file with the piece names in French (R,D,T,F,C,P
> rather than K,Q,R,B,N,P). Can CB9 take care of a conversion? Or do I
> have to manually edit the file (and make the piece names "English")?

At least pgn-extract can do the conversion. Command line tool for both
Windows and unix/linux. Google will find it.

--
Ari Makela no escaping it -
hauva@arska.org I must step on fallen leaves

<markfinn_0@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have inherited a PGN file with the piece names in French (R,D,T,F,C,P
> rather than K,Q,R,B,N,P). Can CB9 take care of a conversion?

Try it and see!

> Or do I have to manually edit the file (and make the piece names
> "English")?

Have a look through

http://pgn.freeservers.com/

to see if there's already a tool that will do this. If you can't find
anything, feel free to mail me the file and I'll write a script to convert
it for you.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Voodoo Bulb (TM): it's like a light
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ bulb that has mystical powers!

Enzo

Hello
You have also greek utility "PGN-Converter" for conversion beetween
languages English2Other & Other2English
Regards

slrnd8gn7s.488.hauva@lagavulin.sappho.net...