Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Recover hard drive in Window 7 Home

Last response: in Windows 7
July 26, 2012 8:27:11 PM

Hello,
I did 'Window Update' as asked lately after that my laptop not working at all (i.e. Window 7 Home is not running) Only a Pointer blinking at the top-left corner of the screen with Black colour
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 26, 2012 9:08:06 PM

Sounds like your HDD has failed. Does it appear in BIOS? (setup) Also tell us the make/model of your laptop...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 26, 2012 10:29:38 PM

See if you can boot into Safe mode. Press F8 during boot to enter safe mode. You can also boot to the BIOS and see if there are any diagnostic tests for the HD. HP provides a BIOS test for the HD. If the HD fails then remove it and hope you can recover data. You can also use the appropriate OS Disc and choose to repair Windows.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 26, 2012 10:45:06 PM

have you tried turning it off and on again?
m
l
July 27, 2012 3:53:50 PM

dodger46 said:
Sounds like your HDD has failed. Does it appear in BIOS? (setup) Also tell us the make/model of your laptop...

My laptop is made by Toshaba Model Satellite. Do I need to type in BIOS to get in the Basic Input /output system?
Thx
m
l
July 27, 2012 3:54:52 PM

DeadRam said:
See if you can boot into Safe mode. Press F8 during boot to enter safe mode. You can also boot to the BIOS and see if there are any diagnostic tests for the HD. HP provides a BIOS test for the HD. If the HD fails then remove it and hope you can recover data. You can also use the appropriate OS Disc and choose to repair Windows.

Not even able to logon to the Safe mode as there is only a pointer flashing on the upper left corner and nothing else.
m
l
July 27, 2012 5:11:45 PM

whitecloud168 said:
Hello,
I did 'Window Update' as asked lately after that my laptop not working at all (i.e. Window 7 Home is not running) Only a Pointer blinking at the top-left corner of the screen with Black colour

m
l
July 27, 2012 7:20:30 PM

nhasian said:
have you tried turning it off and on again?

I did it turning it off and on several times. Only the Black Screen with a pointer flashing on the upper-left corner.
m
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
July 27, 2012 10:01:35 PM

Try F2 after you power on, should bring up BIOS screen. Under System Information check to see if your Hard Drive is listed.
Also try the following, but remember this will remove all the personal data from your drive
Toshiba reset to Factory
1. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your laptop.
2. When the machine starts beeping release the 0 key.
3. When prompted select ‘Yes’ to continue with system recovery.
4. Select ‘Recovery of Factory Default Software’ click ‘Next’.
5. Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.
7. Click Next to Start recovery

August 7, 2012 2:22:06 PM

Best answer selected by whitecloud168.
m
l
August 7, 2012 2:24:15 PM

Thanks to Dogger46, DeadRam & Nhasian. I've sucessfully recover the system of my laptop.
m
l
!