Best newsgroup for computer audio recording?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 9, 2005 10:51:16 PM

What's the best newsgroup to post questions about using a computer to
record audio?
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 10:51:17 PM

Richy wrote:
> What's the best newsgroup to post questions about using a computer to
> record audio?

Try rec.audio.pro
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 10:51:17 PM

You might try rec.audio.pro. They have some really sharp engineers who
use computers and all kinds of digital and analog stuff and are willing
to share their knowledge! Just read the FAQ first!! :-)
September 9, 2005 10:51:17 PM

"Richy" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:EQkUe.483$Hs6.456@trnddc07...
> What's the best newsgroup to post questions about using a computer to
> record audio?

Besides here try :

alt.music.4-track

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/forumdisplay.php3?f=13

http://homerecording.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Or try the hardware forum for the software you are using. I use Steinberg
software so I look at the computer/hardware forums for those :
http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/

http://www.nuendo.com/phpbb2/

Best of luck.

--
John L Rice
Drummer@ImJohn.com

<litkantilpis@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Richy wrote:
> > What's the best newsgroup to post questions about using a computer to
> > record audio?
>
> Try rec.audio.pro

Got a link?
;)

Poly
September 10, 2005 3:13:02 PM

Hello Friend,
We found one best newsgroup see - Long Live Music

<litkantilpis@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Richy wrote:
>> What's the best newsgroup to post questions about using a computer to
>> record audio?
>
> Try rec.audio.pro

Anonymous
September 10, 2005 5:01:59 PM

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:22:51 -0700, "John L Rice" <Drummer@ImJohn.com>
wrote:

>Or try the hardware forum for the software you are using. I use Steinberg
>software so I look at the computer/hardware forums for those :
>http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/
>
>http://www.nuendo.com/phpbb2/

or, of course, alt.steinberg.cubase

rec.audio.pro suffers :-) from some knowledgeable old-timers who don't
really LIKE computer audio, and want to tell you this every time
before answering your question.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:51:47 PM

wrote:

>"Richy" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:EQkUe.483$Hs6.456@trnddc07...
>> What's the best newsgroup to post questions about using a computer to
>> record audio?
>
>Besides here try :
>
>alt.music.4-track

AM4T traffic has gone down to almost nothing. The effort to move
the discussions (and flamewars) there to alt.music.home-studio has
succeeded.

>http://www.gearslutz.com/board/forumdisplay.php3?f=13
>
>http://homerecording.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=14

These are web forums rather than newsgroups, but since you bring
them up, there's also recording.org that still appears to be going,
though I don't hear about it anymore...

!