Best handheld travel chess?

Phillip

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc (More info?)

I am think about buying handheld chess game. Probably a touch screen LCD.

What is the best one out there? I am having a hard time deciding.

Thanks

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc (More info?)

Well, although expensive, I bought an iPAQ 2215 and Pocket Fritz 2. I have
used it almost every day for the past year and a half. It lacks a lot of
the features of the full version of Fritz or Chessbase, of course, but I
love it.

I think there is a less expensive model of iPaq, maybe the 1945 or something
like that.

"phillip" <phillip_ccnp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am think about buying handheld chess game. Probably a touch screen LCD.
>
> What is the best one out there? I am having a hard time deciding.
>
> Thanks

Adrew, you may want to check this thread:

http://users.boardnation.com/~chesscomputers/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=286

They are comparing different handheld options for playing chess,
including dedicated units versus pocket computers.

Tom