Putting 7 on a freshly built system, two questions

shishkebab

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
The Windows 7 RC download site gives the option of downloading the 32-bit or 64-bit version. I am using a 32-bit system to download the RC for a 64-bit system, so I should still download the 64-bit version, right?

Secondly, is it possible to put 7 on a freshly built system? It has no operating system yet, so if I throw in the DVD I made for 7 and boot from the DVD drive, will it work or do I need to have a previous version of Windows installed?

Solution
Yes you can do a fresh install of windows 7.But if you want to run 64bit version,you must have a 64bit processor.Any s-939 AMD cpu or later,or INTEL C2D cpu.Yes you can download windows 7 with a 32bit OS and burn it to disc,and then install it.I downloaded mine when I was running XP PRO.Goodluck.

Dahak

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Yes you can do a fresh install of windows 7.But if you want to run 64bit version,you must have a 64bit processor.Any s-939 AMD cpu or later,or INTEL C2D cpu.Yes you can download windows 7 with a 32bit OS and burn it to disc,and then install it.I downloaded mine when I was running XP PRO.Goodluck.

Dahak

Solution