Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unable to TS into Xp with MN-700

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Laptops
  • Desktops
  • Windows XP
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 14, 2004 1:46:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

I have a network setup with MN-700 as wireless router/hub.

I have a desktop machine which i have wired to MN-700. I also have my laptop
connected on wireless. I have enabled TS on my desktop.

When i try to use terminal server (TS or mstsc.exe) to connect to desktop
using my laptop, it fails to connect. However I am successful in pinging the
desktop from TS. I have made sure that remote login is possible when the
laptop is wired to mn700 (hence it is not a problem with desktop).
So now the question that remain to be answered is "Is the MN-700 blocking
some/all ports for wireless access? If so, how do i open them?" I tried
finding this information and only think i found was ability to open ports to
outside world (but not within wireless to wired).

Can someone help?
Thanks.
-Chetan

More about : unable 700

June 14, 2004 5:10:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Are you trying to connect to the WAN IP or local IP?

Are both computers on the LAN side of the MN-700.

Chetan Nadgouda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a network setup with MN-700 as wireless router/hub.
>
> I have a desktop machine which i have wired to MN-700. I also have my laptop
> connected on wireless. I have enabled TS on my desktop.
>
> When i try to use terminal server (TS or mstsc.exe) to connect to desktop
> using my laptop, it fails to connect. However I am successful in pinging the
> desktop from TS. I have made sure that remote login is possible when the
> laptop is wired to mn700 (hence it is not a problem with desktop).
> So now the question that remain to be answered is "Is the MN-700 blocking
> some/all ports for wireless access? If so, how do i open them?" I tried
> finding this information and only think i found was ability to open ports to
> outside world (but not within wireless to wired).
>
> Can someone help?
> Thanks.
> -Chetan
>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 14, 2004 8:49:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Both the computers are on LAN side of it. I am trying to connect using
local ip addresses (192.168.2.xxx)
I am not sure what's going on here.....


"joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
news:o y$wPNkUEHA.3024@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Are you trying to connect to the WAN IP or local IP?
>
> Are both computers on the LAN side of the MN-700.
>
> Chetan Nadgouda wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a network setup with MN-700 as wireless router/hub.
>>
>> I have a desktop machine which i have wired to MN-700. I also have my
>> laptop connected on wireless. I have enabled TS on my desktop.
>>
>> When i try to use terminal server (TS or mstsc.exe) to connect to desktop
>> using my laptop, it fails to connect. However I am successful in pinging
>> the desktop from TS. I have made sure that remote login is possible when
>> the laptop is wired to mn700 (hence it is not a problem with desktop).
>> So now the question that remain to be answered is "Is the MN-700 blocking
>> some/all ports for wireless access? If so, how do i open them?" I tried
>> finding this information and only think i found was ability to open ports
>> to outside world (but not within wireless to wired).
>>
>> Can someone help?
>> Thanks.
>> -Chetan
>>
>>
>
Related resources
June 14, 2004 10:07:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Do you have any software firewalls on either computer enabled/installed?
Some examples are ICF, Zone Alarm, Black Ice Defender, Norton Internet
Security, McAfee personal firewall, or PC-cillin.

Chetan Nadgouda wrote:

> Both the computers are on LAN side of it. I am trying to connect using
> local ip addresses (192.168.2.xxx)
> I am not sure what's going on here.....
>
>
> "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
> news:o y$wPNkUEHA.3024@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
>>Are you trying to connect to the WAN IP or local IP?
>>
>>Are both computers on the LAN side of the MN-700.
>>
>>Chetan Nadgouda wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have a network setup with MN-700 as wireless router/hub.
>>>
>>>I have a desktop machine which i have wired to MN-700. I also have my
>>>laptop connected on wireless. I have enabled TS on my desktop.
>>>
>>>When i try to use terminal server (TS or mstsc.exe) to connect to desktop
>>>using my laptop, it fails to connect. However I am successful in pinging
>>>the desktop from TS. I have made sure that remote login is possible when
>>>the laptop is wired to mn700 (hence it is not a problem with desktop).
>>>So now the question that remain to be answered is "Is the MN-700 blocking
>>>some/all ports for wireless access? If so, how do i open them?" I tried
>>>finding this information and only think i found was ability to open ports
>>>to outside world (but not within wireless to wired).
>>>
>>>Can someone help?
>>>Thanks.
>>>-Chetan
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 15, 2004 4:00:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

I had the same problem.
Solution Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP in the WINS leaf of
the Advanced TCP/IP Settings. Default is to obey router.
!