play-by-email using computer program

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.play-by-email (More info?)

I am interested in starting a game by email using my chess computer. It is
a very strong engine. I would not like to reveal the name of the program
until the middle game.

Any takers?

Nikos

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

Mecondor wrote:
> I am interested in starting a game by email using my chess computer. It is
> a very strong engine. I would not like to reveal the name of the program
> until the middle game.
>
> Any takers?

Me :)

But why by email and not in ICC connected as guests so we can have real
time play?

--
What is now proved was once only imagined!

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.play-by-email (More info?)

I am afraid this will take too long to use ICC. One move with my computer
(in the mid-game) might take 3 hours.

"Nikos" <hackeras@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mecondor wrote:
>> I am interested in starting a game by email using my chess computer. It
>> is
>> a very strong engine. I would not like to reveal the name of the program
>> until the middle game.
>>
>> Any takers?
>

> Me :)
>
> But why by email and not in ICC connected as guests so we can have real
> time play?
>

> --
> What is now proved was once only imagined!

gc

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.play-by-email (More info?)

You need a new computer...