Sign in with
Your question

computer has weard symbols when i bootup

Last response: in Components
October 3, 2003 2:10:29 AM

My computer has weard symbols as soon as it starts booting the os (Win2000 pro) such as heates, stars, balloons, happy faces, bolcks and other stuff i've never see b4 lookis kinda like this (§ ╬ «m ∞ Σ ◘ Ü ↔) and it just puts out lins and lines of this junk and beeps on each line. I've tryed formating but it dosen't seen to help. Anyone know what the hell is going on?
October 3, 2003 2:17:56 AM

try punching the computer or slaming it on the floor see what it does. but then your probably gonna need a new pc. but hey you get a new pc and you get your anger out.
October 3, 2003 2:28:28 AM

lol gee thx 4 the info
Related resources
October 3, 2003 2:30:11 AM

thats cool dont mension it.
Anonymous
October 6, 2003 12:49:38 AM

Captain Obvious suggests that somthing is Obviously Wrong!

Something major! Dead motherboard, corrupted ram, Dead bios chip etc.

The Captain asks can you at any point get to a dos prompt or boot at all? If not its best taking it to a fixit store.

<b><font color=red>Captain Obvious To The Rescue!!!</font color=red></b>
October 6, 2003 3:11:51 AM

I've seen this caused by bad or dirty RAM. This used to be a big problem back when people mixed gold lead RAM with tin sockets and vice versa, but you don't see it that often now that materials have been standardized to reduce electrolitic corrosion.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
October 6, 2003 3:41:58 AM

Is it overclocked?
-Brett
October 7, 2003 10:30:58 PM

if thats all you get, cant get into bios or dos prompt. you might have a corrupted bios. try clearing the cmos or flashing a newer bios to see if it helps.
October 8, 2003 2:26:31 PM

I'd go with Crash here. Probably RAM related. First thing I would do is take the covers off, remove the RAM, get a can of compressed air and blow all the crap out of the machine. You'll be amazed how much will come out. Just don't do it in the house! Then repeat the task with the RAM.

A colleague at work had something similar, and the local PC repair shop wanted £150 to fix it without even looking at it. Took me 5 minutes of my time, and that person saved a lot of money.

<font color=blue>"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that" - Bill Shankly</font color=blue>
!