ChessBase Light Question

Len

Is there a way to truly delete an entry from a database in CBL? When I try
all, that happens is that the entry is grayed out (but still visible and
present). I am setting up a new data base with numerous entry, and when I
save an entry and later realize it contains a mistake the only option I have
is to resume the data base with one previously save (before the mistaken one
was entered).

IIRC: in the databases window, you should highlight the database in
question with the "red flame" button.

Then, in the "Technical" menu, select "Physical Deletions" and
left-click.

HTH, but apologies if not.

It's been years since I used CBL and those instructions are from
memory, which may be faulty...

Mark

Len

Thanks for the reply, but I don't see the "red flame" button.

"Len" <Lenoardrogers55@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Is there a way to truly delete an entry from a database in CBL?
> When I try all, that happens is that the entry is grayed out (but
> still visible and present). I am setting up a new data base with
> numerous entry, and when I save an entry and later realize it
> contains a mistake the only option I have is to resume the data
> base with one previously save (before the mistaken one was
> entered).

The 1st and 3rd threads discuss deleting games:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=ChessBase+Light%2Bdelete&num=100&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

rt

Len wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, but I don't see the "red flame" button.

Look down - 4. from the right.

> "Mark Houlsby" <mark.houlsby@eudoramail.com> wrote in message
>
>>IIRC: in the databases window, you should highlight the database in
>>question with the "red flame" button.
>>
>>Then, in the "Technical" menu, select "Physical Deletions" and
>>left-click.
>>
>>HTH, but apologies if not.
>>
>>It's been years since I used CBL and those instructions are from
>>memory, which may be faulty...
>>
>>Mark

Len

Okay, I've found the red flame button and followed the earlier instructions,
but still I am unable to permanently delete individual entries within a
database (I am not wanting to delete the whole database). Is anyone else
able to do this. Is it possible to do, and am I just not getting it?

Thanks

"HD" <HDChess@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Len wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply, but I don't see the "red flame" button.
>>
> Look down - 4. from the right.
>>
>> "Mark Houlsby" <mark.houlsby@eudoramail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>IIRC: in the databases window, you should highlight the database in
>>>question with the "red flame" button.
>>>
>>>Then, in the "Technical" menu, select "Physical Deletions" and
>>>left-click.
>>>
>>>HTH, but apologies if not.
>>>
>>>It's been years since I used CBL and those instructions are from
>>>memory, which may be faulty...
>>>
>>>Mark

Ruud

Maybe it's like this (in Fritz it is): after deleting choose "tools-
database-remove deleted games"?
"Len" <Lenoardrogers55@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Is there a way to truly delete an entry from a database in CBL? When I
> try all, that happens is that the entry is grayed out (but still visible
> and present). I am setting up a new data base with numerous entry, and
> when I save an entry and later realize it contains a mistake the only
> option I have is to resume the data base with one previously save (before
> the mistaken one was entered).

Len

Nope. There is no "Tools" option, and under the database tab, the only
delete option is for deleting the whole database.

"Ruud" <rhilll@home.nl> wrote in message
> Maybe it's like this (in Fritz it is): after deleting choose "tools-
> database-remove deleted games"?
> "Len" <Lenoardrogers55@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> Is there a way to truly delete an entry from a database in CBL? When I
>> try all, that happens is that the entry is grayed out (but still visible
>> and present). I am setting up a new data base with numerous entry, and
>> when I save an entry and later realize it contains a mistake the only
>> option I have is to resume the data base with one previously save (before
>> the mistaken one was entered).

chaos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2001

On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:40:21 -0400, "Len" <Lenoardrogers55@hotmail.com> using
recycled electrons muttered something about:

>>> Is there a way to truly delete an entry from a database in CBL? When I
>>> try all, that happens is that the entry is grayed out (but still visible
>>> and present). I am setting up a new data base with numerous entry, and
>>> when I save an entry and later realize it contains a mistake the only
>>> option I have is to resume the data base with one previously save (before
>>> the mistaken one was entered).

Highlight the game you want trashed. Hit your delete key on your key board.
(Game is greyed out with a line through it.) Close your active window, with the
database and game concerned. Click on Technical at the top, click on Physical
deletions. This should bring up a text window telling you that the game selected
is being deleted permanently. You can close that, and when you re-open the
databse, that game should be gone.

HTH

No problem is so formidable that you can't just walk away from it.

Len

Okay, that worked.

Thank you very much