CM9000 setup -menu bar colors , other settings?

This is a goofy but annoying little detail:

I've had CM9000 for longer than I've had my last few computers. On this
latest computer, the letters of the menus (File Help and Login/New Player
etc on the opening screen, and File Edit Game etc on the main screens) are
appearing in a virulent magenta-over-black color scheme. This also affects
some of the buttons in various pop-up windows.

A small thing, but annoying and hard on the eyes.

Is there anything I can tweak to get rid of this? They weren't magenta on
the last PC.

Also is there a list anywhere of what changes can be made via cm.ini?

thanks Betsy
6 answers Last reply
More about cm9000 setup menu colors settings
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Betsy Schwartz wrote:
    > This is a goofy but annoying little detail:
    >
    > I've had CM9000 for longer than I've had my last few computers. On this
    > latest computer, the letters of the menus (File Help and Login/New Player
    > etc on the opening screen, and File Edit Game etc on the main screens) are
    > appearing in a virulent magenta-over-black color scheme. This also affects
    > some of the buttons in various pop-up windows.
    >
    > A small thing, but annoying and hard on the eyes.
    >
    > Is there anything I can tweak to get rid of this? They weren't magenta on
    > the last PC.
    >
    > Also is there a list anywhere of what changes can be made via cm.ini?
    >
    > thanks Betsy

    The ReadMe covers this issue. It says:
    ------------
    Using the "Clear Type" display option in Windows XP (usually only
    available for laptop or other LCD displays) can cause some text that is
    displayed throughout the program to have an incorrect color (pink, for
    example, instead of black). If your computer has the "Clear Type"
    display option selected, and you notice this problem, you can avoid it
    by turning off "Clear Type".
    ------------

    jm
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Nope, there's no such list, sorry. If you have anything specific you
    want to turn on/off, you can just look through your ini files (remember
    that there is one in the "Program Files\Chessmaster 9000" folder and
    another one in your "My Documents\Chessmaster
    9000\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME" folder.

    But, of course, beware of making any changes without making backups
    first.

    jm
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    JVMerlino@aol.com wrote in
    > The ReadMe covers this issue. It says:
    > ------------
    > Using the "Clear Type" display option in Windows XP

    Thanks, I missed that! Hmm, turning off Clear Type makes all the *other*
    fonts look kinda funny... I have an el cheapo LCD. But better grainy than
    magenta.

    Is there a list of things that can be set in the ini file anywhere?

    thanks Betsy
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    There are some upgrades at CM10 that I think will take care of your
    problem. I seem to recall there being some for CM8000, CM9000.

    --
    Professor_Fether
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    --
    Professor_Fether
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    --
    Professor_Fether

PC gaming Computers Games Video Games