CM9000 setup -menu bar colors , other settings?

This is a goofy but annoying little detail:

I've had CM9000 for longer than I've had my last few computers. On this
latest computer, the letters of the menus (File Help and Login/New Player
etc on the opening screen, and File Edit Game etc on the main screens) are
appearing in a virulent magenta-over-black color scheme. This also affects
some of the buttons in various pop-up windows.

A small thing, but annoying and hard on the eyes.

Is there anything I can tweak to get rid of this? They weren't magenta on
the last PC.

Also is there a list anywhere of what changes can be made via cm.ini?

thanks Betsy

JVMerlino

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

Betsy Schwartz wrote:
> This is a goofy but annoying little detail:
>
> I've had CM9000 for longer than I've had my last few computers. On this
> latest computer, the letters of the menus (File Help and Login/New Player
> etc on the opening screen, and File Edit Game etc on the main screens) are
> appearing in a virulent magenta-over-black color scheme. This also affects
> some of the buttons in various pop-up windows.
>
> A small thing, but annoying and hard on the eyes.
>
> Is there anything I can tweak to get rid of this? They weren't magenta on
> the last PC.
>
> Also is there a list anywhere of what changes can be made via cm.ini?
>
> thanks Betsy

The ReadMe covers this issue. It says:
------------
Using the "Clear Type" display option in Windows XP (usually only
available for laptop or other LCD displays) can cause some text that is
displayed throughout the program to have an incorrect color (pink, for
example, instead of black). If your computer has the "Clear Type"
display option selected, and you notice this problem, you can avoid it
by turning off "Clear Type".
------------

jm

JVMerlino

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

Nope, there's no such list, sorry. If you have anything specific you
want to turn on/off, you can just look through your ini files (remember
that there is one in the "Program Files\Chessmaster 9000" folder and
another one in your "My Documents\Chessmaster
9000\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME" folder.

But, of course, beware of making any changes without making backups
first.

jm

JVMerlino@aol.com wrote in
> The ReadMe covers this issue. It says:
> ------------
> Using the "Clear Type" display option in Windows XP

Thanks, I missed that! Hmm, turning off Clear Type makes all the *other*
fonts look kinda funny... I have an el cheapo LCD. But better grainy than
magenta.

Is there a list of things that can be set in the ini file anywhere?

thanks Betsy

There are some upgrades at CM10 that I think will take care of your
problem. I seem to recall there being some for CM8000, CM9000.

--
Professor_Fether

--
Professor_Fether