Rise of Nations - possible to play on 4MB of video RAM?

Sorry to ask a question about old hardware. I've got a machine with an old
nVidia card with only 4MB of Video RAM. Rise of Nations installed with no
errors, but screen goes to black when I execute the game. Does anyone know
of a workaround to get a game that says 16MB video RAM minimum to work in
4MB?

Reduce screen resolution? Change DirectX settings?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about rise nations play video

    Hi Ken,

    In general some games will provide a "Safe Mode" shortcut in the
    Start mode to start the game with minimum graphics. You can
    use -safemode or /safe at the end of some shortcut targets to
    effectively produce the same results. However, your best bet is
    to install a proper AGP video card into your system for gaming. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Ken Woodard" <Ken.WoodardNOSPAM@NOSPAMhunterservices.com> wrote in message news:uUevw1szEHA.2040@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Sorry to ask a question about old hardware. I've got a machine with an old nVidia card with only 4MB of Video RAM. Rise of
    > Nations installed with no errors, but screen goes to black when I execute the game. Does anyone know of a workaround to get a
    > game that says 16MB video RAM minimum to work in 4MB?
    >
    > Reduce screen resolution? Change DirectX settings?
    >
    > Thanks!

RAM Video Video Games