MN-100 and MN 500 wired and wireless

I have a MN 100 wired base station in basement connected
to cable modem (where all home networking ethernet cable
runs begin). I now want to have wireless access in the
upstairs - but signal is very weak if I set up the MN-500
in basement. SO... I tried setting up MN-500 upstairs in
office off of the ethernet wall jack. It works for a
minute and then disconnects all computers on network from
internet. I have also tried setting it up as a bridge but
still same problem. Help!
2 answers Last reply
More about wired wireless

    Which OS are the computers running?

    What wireless security are you using?

    hebertt@comcast.net wrote:

    > I have a MN 100 wired base station in basement connected
    > to cable modem (where all home networking ethernet cable
    > runs begin). I now want to have wireless access in the
    > upstairs - but signal is very weak if I set up the MN-500
    > in basement. SO... I tried setting up MN-500 upstairs in
    > office off of the ethernet wall jack. It works for a
    > minute and then disconnects all computers on network from
    > internet. I have also tried setting it up as a bridge but
    > still same problem. Help!

    Where are the computers in the house and what kind of computers are they?
    Any place to set the access point on that 'middle' floor?

    --
    Steve Sullivan, MVP
    Microsoft Hardware Products

    <hebertt@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I have a MN 100 wired base station in basement connected
    > to cable modem (where all home networking ethernet cable
    > runs begin). I now want to have wireless access in the
    > upstairs - but signal is very weak if I set up the MN-500
    > in basement. SO... I tried setting up MN-500 upstairs in
    > office off of the ethernet wall jack. It works for a
    > minute and then disconnects all computers on network from
    > internet. I have also tried setting it up as a bridge but
    > still same problem. Help!

Routers Ethernet Card Networking