MN-100 and MN 500 wired and wireless

Last response: in Networking
June 14, 2004 7:25:23 PM

I have a MN 100 wired base station in basement connected
to cable modem (where all home networking ethernet cable
runs begin). I now want to have wireless access in the
upstairs - but signal is very weak if I set up the MN-500
in basement. SO... I tried setting up MN-500 upstairs in
office off of the ethernet wall jack. It works for a
minute and then disconnects all computers on network from
internet. I have also tried setting it up as a bridge but
still same problem. Help!

More about : 100 500 wired wireless

June 14, 2004 10:12:34 PM

Which OS are the computers running?

What wireless security are you using?

hebertt@comcast.net wrote:

> I have a MN 100 wired base station in basement connected
> to cable modem (where all home networking ethernet cable
> runs begin). I now want to have wireless access in the
> upstairs - but signal is very weak if I set up the MN-500
> in basement. SO... I tried setting up MN-500 upstairs in
> office off of the ethernet wall jack. It works for a
> minute and then disconnects all computers on network from
> internet. I have also tried setting it up as a bridge but
> still same problem. Help!
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 12:59:14 AM

Where are the computers in the house and what kind of computers are they?
Any place to set the access point on that 'middle' floor?

--
Steve Sullivan, MVP
Microsoft Hardware Products

!