Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 sounds bluetooth

Last response: in Technologies
January 18, 2010 1:40:00 AM

I just upgraded my HP Pavilion dv2840 notebook from 64-bit Vista to 64-bit Windows 7. Bluetooth devices are recognized and can be paired and "connected," but do not show up as available destinations in the "Sounds" menu and do not produce any sound -- all sound is still routed through the speakers. HP has said there is no solution. Can anyone help me?
January 26, 2010 10:01:37 PM

do you need to download a driver for your speakers/headphones?
m
l
January 26, 2010 10:02:25 PM

oh so did this problem occur when you upgraded to Windows 7? you may need a windows 7 specific driver and if there isn't one then you are out of luck.
m
l
February 3, 2010 1:15:01 AM

Yes, the problem occurred when I upgraded to Windows 7. I have the latest drivers I've been able to find. When the Bluetooth headset connects, a device driver is installed automatically and, according to Windows, correctly.

My Bluetooth mouse works. Conversely, if I turn off the built-in Bluetooth device and install a USB dongle-type Bluetooth transmitter, I can pair the headset but sound will still not play through the headset. For these reasons, I think the problem is with the Conexant audio system, not the Bluetooth system itself.
m
l
!