CB9 questions about sorting (some missing functions)

1°) When you are looking through a variation to see his evolution from the
past till today, ChessBase 8 allows you to sort first on the « date », then
<fix sort order> and then sort by « ECO » then <fix sort order> . This was
very useful for this task. It's a 4 steps job, but it works well.

With ChessBase 9 it seems to be impossible to sort as 1rst criterion on the
« ECO » and as 2nd creterion on the year ! Once you're sorting on the «

Do you have any idea to help me ?

2°) What about the « REFINE ALL » function from ChessBase 7 . Is there
something similar with ChessBase 9 ?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about questions sorting some missing functions
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    Thierry Th wrote:
    >snip>
    >
    > With ChessBase 9 it seems to be impossible to sort as 1rst criterion on the
    > « ECO » and as 2nd creterion on the year ! Once you're sorting on the «
    >
    > Do you have any idea to help me ?

    No:
    You're right. It isn't logical.

    > 2°) What about the « REFINE ALL » function from ChessBase 7 . Is there
    > something similar with ChessBase 9 ?

    For unknown reasons the feature disappeared in CB8, and it's still
    missing in CB9.
    OK, I suppose there's too many trouble with transpositions in large
    bases, which might cause errors in the keys.
    A handy tool however.

    HD

    > Thanks.

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    "Thierry Th" <fa609391@skynet.be> wrote in
    rec.games.chess.computer:

    > 1°) When you are looking through a variation to see his
    > evolution from the past till today, ChessBase 8 allows you to
    > sort first on the « date », then <fix sort order> and then sort
    > by « ECO » then <fix sort order> . This was very useful for this
    > task. It's a 4 steps job, but it works well.
    >

    > With ChessBase 9 it seems to be impossible to sort as 1rst
    > criterion on the « ECO » and as 2nd creterion on the year !
    > Once you're sorting on the « year », the second criterion is
    > automatically the « white » field?!.

    Why don't you use the opening key (function) for this task? Like the
    big opening key coming with all CB databases? You don't have to sort
    a large database to get a selection. Simply sort on year and select
    the key. Refine a key if you want to look at a particular variation
    that wasn't defined as a preinstalled key.. If you watn, delete the
    key afterwards.

    --
    CeeBee

    ***The cookie has spoken***