Kasparov Chess Academy Chess Computer - power adaptor

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

Does anyone have the Saitek Kasparov Chess Academy chess computer?

I need an ac adaptor for it.

The original adaptor is lost.

I know it's 9volts 300ma but I wanted to know a little more about the info
on the adapter panel if possible.

Like Hz. If it's regulated. Model number. That sort of thing.

I'll try a shop if I need to.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thankyou

Darren

Darren <no@replypls.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have the Saitek Kasparov Chess Academy chess computer?
>
> I need an ac adaptor for it.
>
> The original adaptor is lost.
>
> I know it's 9volts 300ma but I wanted to know a little more about the
> info on the adapter panel if possible.
>
> Like Hz. If it's regulated. Model number. That sort of thing.

If the adaptor is supplying AC to the computer (very unlikely), the
frequency (Hz) will be the same as your local mains supply; if it's
supplying DC (most likely), there's no frequency to worry about. A
universal power adaptor should do the job -- all you need to know is
the shape and polarity of the plug.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Natural Gigantic Drink (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a refreshing juice beverage but it's

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003