play computer - UPDATE - Game Posted

Back on 5/23/05 I posted an invitation for someone to put their computer up
against my strong and "secret" computer. Now that I have played Mike B's
Excalibur Ivan - I am revealing the computer name and posting the game (with
Mike B's blessing). I played with the Nintendo 64 - Virtual Chess 64. A
very strong program. Ah... it's old game platform you say? But it is
still a strong program. It beat Mike B's Ivan. The thing is Mike had Ivan
set at a lower level. he wants a rematch with his highest level set. This
should be interesting.

Below is the game posted. You may copy the game into pgn format for
computer viewing (example - using Winboard).

We thought that the Virtual machine made a mistake at 10. c4 where he lost
some material - but later it turned out this may have been planned.
Virtual gained material back at 20. Nxh8. We also thought Virtual had a
clever mating scheme starting with sacrificing his Rook at 35. Rd1+ then
after 35... Bxd1 mate in two moves. Do you see it.?

Any comments on the game? If you would like to contact Mike B - he is at
Sin768@webtv.com

[Event "Computer game"]
[Site "KENTUCKY-WASHINGTON"]
[Date "2005.06.10"]
[Round "-"]
[White "Virtual Chess 64"]
[Black "Ivan"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. e4 c6
2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 dxe4
4. Nxe4 Nd7
5. Ng5 Ndf6
6. Bc4 Nd5
7. N1f3 Bf5
8. O-O Nh6
9. Bd3 Nb4
10. c4 Bxd3
11. Re1 Bxc4
12. Ne5 Ba6
13. a3 Nd5
14. Qf3 Qa5
15. b4 Qc7
16. Nexf7 Nxf7
17. Qxf7+ Kd7
18. Qe6+ Ke8
19. Nf7 Qb6
20. Nxh8 Qxd4
21. Bg5 Nc3
22. Qf7+ Kd7
23. Qf5+ Ke8
24. Be3 Ne2+
25. Kh1 Qd5
26. Qxh7 Bd3
27. Ng6 Qb5
28. Rxe2 Bxe2
29. Nxf8 Qe5
30. Rc1 Kf7
31. Ng6 Qb2
32. f4 Ke6
33. Ne5 Kd5
34. Qf5 Bg4
35. Rd1+ Bxd1
36. Qd7+ Ke4
37. Qd3#
{White mates} 1-0

Yes i thought this was a good game and if you have a computer you
should play his computer.
His has a TEMP gage that sounds pretty cool it has a center point
and when the line go's above that then Virtual 64 believes it is winning
and when it go's below that then it thinks it's losing or if it stays
around the center then it believes it is even....
Late in the game he said it was up 80 % to 90% I00 % ...I knew my
computer was in trouble......ha ha

Check out the brilliant checkmate , i did not see it coming until it
was too late ....

Once i get the instructions sent too me i will have another match
against him , i want my computer on it's strongest level .....

Id like to see him play FRITZ or Chess TIGER , or HERCULES....so if
some one out there has that they should play his .....