M-Audio Ozone - Microphone set up

Last response: in Home Audio
September 13, 2005 8:41:40 AM

I have recently been using an M-Audio Ozone sound module to connect a
microphone to my laptop in an attempt to record live vocals into cool
edit pro 2. For some reason the signal that cool edit pro 2 receives is
always mono (when clicking on the signal bar at the bottom of the CE2
it only responds on the top bar of the two). Can anyone suggest why
this is and how I can rectify the problem.

Many thanks

Paul
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:08:26 AM

pol_c@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> I have recently been using an M-Audio Ozone sound module to connect a
> microphone to my laptop in an attempt to record live vocals into cool
> edit pro 2. For some reason the signal that cool edit pro 2 receives is
> always mono

Hopefully I'm not completely missing the point here, since I've never
seen an Ozone in natural habitat, but I'm familiar with the concept.

I would expect that from a single microphone. Does the Ozone have two
microphone inputs? If so, you can get a signal on the other channel by
connecting a second microphone, or by splitting the microphone ouptut
with a Y cable.

But the logical approach is to set up Cool Edit so that the microphone
records to a mono track. The Ozone micropone data stream appears as an
audio device. Just tell Cool Edit that it's a mono device and you won't
have a stereo track with one channel silent.
!