March 5, 2010 2:01:41 PM

My comp's specs are:

Dell Inspiron 530
Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
500GB hard drive
Windows Vista Home Premium

So here's the story:

I dual booted Vista with XP. The XP partition got a serious virus, so I formatted it through Windows Vista. Then, I installed Windows 7 on the partition XP was on. It said "Collecting Information", then decided to restart. On the restart, it said "Starting Windows" and then gave me this STOP error:

0x0000007B 0x80786B58 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000

I tried to boot into Vista normally and through safe mode, but it would only start loading with the green bars and then reboot. I booted into the Win7 CD and it couldn't detect the partition Vista was on, but could detect the other partitions. As a matter of fact, I used the Win7 CD to scan for Windows installations and it found none. I've used CHKDSK /F like the STOP message told me, but that didn't help.

I have never removed or installed any hardware. I can't boot into Windows, only to CDs at the moment.

Please help! :cry: 

More about : installing win7 bsod

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 5, 2010 3:58:34 PM

Don't panic....this is usually caused by some changes in the BIOS.

First thing that you need to do is to restart the system, go into the BIOS (by pressing F2 or DELETE key), load the optimal BIOS default settings and then do SAVE CHANGES / EXIT.

Next, go back into the BIOS after the system restarts, go to the BOOT tab and check to see how many drives there are (this is where you can change your boot order also). You should see the CD-ROM and your 2 OS drives there. If not, then you have a serious problem but very unlikely in this case.

Finally, you should be able to re-install Win7 on the XP drive.

Hope this helps.... :D 
m
l
!