Does George John Really Exist?

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

Does George John Really Exist?

I continue to be flabbergasted by the statements written about George
John by people who could not possibly know whether what they are
writing is true or not. For example, Bruce Leverett wrote that George
John is "a smart guy".

How does Bruce Leverett know this? Interesting coincidence: It so
happens that George John is rated exactly 1001 points lower than Bruce
Leverett. It seems surprising that anyone would write that anyone
rated one thousand points lower than himself is a smart guy. If that
is true, then how much lower would he have to be to be a stupid guy?

This led me to wonder how much do we actually know about George John .
What better place to go to than his own website:

http://georgejohn.bcentralhost.com/USChessSuccess/GeorgeJohn/ChessResume.htm

Take a close look. While his resume may seem impressive, it provides
no VERIFIABLE information about himself outside of chess. For example,
it does not state when and where he was born, where he went to high
school, what specific jobs he has held and where his specific
employment is today.

It does not provide his home address, whether he is married or single
or any of the other information one would expect to find in a resume.

It states that he has "25+ years in software development and
information technology" but does not state the name of the company
where he worked to gain this experience.

It does give a list of VOLUNTEER positions he has held. For example,
it says that he was volunteer of the month for Crisis Hotline, a
United Way Agency. While this may be a noble deed, I doubt that it can
be verified because few organizations keep records of their
volunteers.

I know what you are thinking. You are thinking that you know that
George John exists because you met the man, he attended a meeting of
this or that, and you are sure that you were not looking at a ghost.

However, how do you know that the man you met is really named George
John. Have you ever seen his photo ID? How do you know that John is
not his middle name rather than his last name?

By the way, we have a really strong chess player named Robert James. I
mean this guy is really good. However, that is another story.

Somebody once told me that the real name is not George John but rather
George St. John. Therefore, I just did an Internet search for George
St. John and came up with zero, just as I have come up with nothing
outside of chess about George John.

Now, look at the other candidates. We know enough about all of them to
know that they are all real people using their real names, not fake
personalities using fake names. George John is the only one whose
existence cannot be independently verified.

We know that Stan Booz has run a background check on me and has
verified that I am who I say that I am. I would like to know if Stan
Booz has ever run a background check on George John. I note that
recently Stan Booz started making sarcastic remarks and veiled attacks
on George John. Does Stan know something the rest of us do not know
yet?

I believe that the name George John is likely a pseudonym or at least
that John is not his last name. I do not believe that he will be
elected but I believe that if he is elected he should be required to
prove that his real name is George John and, if his real name is not
George John, he should not be allowed to take office on the USCF
Executive Board.

By the way, on the subject of background checks, did anybody ever do a
background check on George DeFeis and Frank Niro, our last two
executive directors? I consider it possible that one or both of them
pumped up their qualifications for office, to our great detriment.

Sam Sloan

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

I needed a good laugh today, and this post delivered! -smile-

To save Stan some needlessly wasted time -grin-, my name is the one
given to me by my parents.

I am currently employed (since June, 2003) as a Senior Software
Engineer by a division of a publicly held corporation (energy business)
that had revenue in excess of $400,000,000 in 2004.

To fill in few more details, my father, wife, son, and I are all
current USCF members (easy to verify using MSA). One can even find a
tournament on MSA where my father, son, and I all played in the same
section. That was back in 1996. I have jokingly referred to our
performance in that event as "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" -big
grin-

Best regards,

George John

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

"Sam Sloan" <> However, how do you know that the man you met is really named
George John. Have you ever seen his photo ID? <

His real name is John Paul George Ringo.

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

To help people remember my confusing name, I tell them I'm the two dead
beatles. The other trick with my name is to remember alphabetical
order, G comes before J (a common error is people think I'm John
George) .

Software developers, here's a (simple?) challenge for you. Which
programming language can you write my first name with using only
relational and logical operators (-hint- ignore the periods -hint
two- >= || >= ).

Best regards,

George

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

posted to rec.pets.herp and alt.fan.howard-stern on 6/16

In article <1118900439.391988.172620@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"George John" <george@neosoft.com> wrote:

> I tell them I'm the two dead beatles.

Silversneak didn't make that up himself?

--
Frisco Del Rosario
A First Book of Morphy -- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1412039061

On 15 Jun 2005 21:50:27 -0700, "George John" <george@neosoft.com>
wrote:

>I needed a good laugh today, and this post delivered! -smile-
>
>To save Stan some needlessly wasted time -grin-, my name is the one
>given to me by my parents.
>
>I am currently employed (since June, 2003) as a Senior Software
>Engineer by a division of a publicly held corporation (energy business)
>that had revenue in excess of $400,000,000 in 2004.
>
>To fill in few more details, my father, wife, son, and I are all
>current USCF members (easy to verify using MSA). One can even find a
>tournament on MSA where my father, son, and I all played in the same
>section. That was back in 1996. I have jokingly referred to our
>performance in that event as "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" -big
>grin-
>
>Best regards,
>
>George John

Although George John has posted three times to this thread, he still
has failed and refused to provide any VERIFIABLE evidence that he
exists or that his real name is George John.

For example, he refers us to the Texas Chess Association website, but
that turns out to be his own website.

The address for George John on that website is a PO Box, P.O. Box
710750 Houston, TX

He claims to be employed as "a Senior Software Engineer by a division
of a publicly held corporation" but he does but does not give the name
of the company. What is the big secret? Is he ashamed of them, or are
they ashamed of him?

Six years ago I was told by a chess official that his real name was
not George John, but was something similar. The official did not know
exactly what his real name was.

He states that the MSA shows that he, his wife and a child all played
in a tournament together.

I have found just one possible tournament that fits. That is the 1996
Texas State Championship - Reserve Section:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/XtblMain.php?199605277720.2-12682196

In that tournament there were players named George C. John and George
L. John MD.

I imagine that George L. John MD must be his wife and her maiden name
initial is L.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?12682196

However, I have checked the listings for all doctors in the Houston
area and there is no doctor listed with the name of George L. John or
anything similar.

I believe that if George C. John wins this election, he should not be
seated on the board unless he can produce photo ID proving that his
name really is George C. John.

You ask: What difference does it make? We know that there is a person
who goes by the name of George John. We all have met him. What
difference does it make what his name really is?

The difference is that we had an Executive Director named George
DeFeis who told us that he had a Master's Degree in Business
Administration from Bernard Baruch School of Finance.

We have never been able to verify that he had that degree and, by the
way, he lost the USCF one million dollars.

Our next Executive Director was Frank Niro who told us that he had
been named Hospital Administrator of the Year by some organization.

I have not been able to find out the name of the hospital or of the
organization.

Beatriz Marinello, our great leader, tells us that she is a US Citizen
and has a degree in accounting.

She has not told us what school awarded her this degree. I have been
able to find out that Beatriz Marinello is not registered to vote and
most new citizens are registered to vote on the same say that they
become citizens, so I would like to see some proof of this.

By the way, my wife has an accounting degree too. My wife's degree is
from La Guardia Community College. I have it right here on my desk
and I can show it to you. Nevertheless, I do not consider my wife to
be qualified to sit on the USCF Board.

Unless George John can show us some proof that he exists, anything at
all, like the name of the high school he attended or the name of some
kid who knew him in fifth grade or a birth certificate or driver's
license or anything at all, I do not believe that he should be allowed
to sit on the USCF Board.

Sam Sloan

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

"Sam Sloan" <> By the way, my wife has an accounting degree too. My wife's
degree is from La Guardia Community College.>>

Where do you live? Someone keeps posting that you are in California? What is
your address? Where did you graduate from College? Where do you work? How do
we know what your name is?

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

Once again, George John refuses to provide any Verifiable information
that he exists. See below. For example, he cites a statement from
somebody who knows him. See

http://georgejohn.bcentralhost.com/USChessSuccess/GeorgeJohn/Selby.htm

However, that is simply a statement from a well known chess
personality who writes that he first met George John at a chess
tournament in 1996.

That statement says many things which are untrue. For example, it
states: "As chair of the Computer/Internet committee, he put his
computer expertise to work in modernizing the systems at USCF."

Of course, we know that this is not true. George John was Chairman of
the Computer/Internet Committee in 2000-2001. No work in modernizing
the systems at USCF took place during those years. The work did not
begin until 2003.

More importantly, however, 1996 was the year George John first
appeared on the chess scene. He was completely unknown to the world of
chess prior to that year. Since 1996 a person who calls himself
George John has been well known in chess political circles. However,
this does not prove that this is your real name.

I have searched the Internet in every way that I can think of, and
there is nothing I can find about anybody named George John other than
that you appeared on the chess scene in 1996.

I have also searched the Social Security Death Index to see whether
George L. John MD might have died. Nobody by that name has ever died
in Texas.

None of the other eight candidates have this problem. We can verify
the history and experience of all of them. The only person we cannot
find anything about is George John.

This is especially critical because you claim to have 25 years
experience in computer software development. This indeed is the only
qualification you are claiming for the position you are seeking. We
need to be able to verify that the claims you are making about
yourself are true. Thus far, you have not provided any information we
can use to verify your identity.

Your claim that you fear that somebody might steal your identity over
the Internet has a simple solution. Do not run for election. Anybody
who runs for election needs to be willing to live in a fish bowl. The
voters are entitled to know everything about you, including where you
work, what job you do, your educational background, where you were
born, your age and experience, etc. You have not provided any of this
information to the voters.

Sam Sloan

On 1 Jul 2005 18:58:31 -0700, "George John" <george@neosoft.com>
wrote:

>Sam Sloan wrote:
>
>[SNIP]
>
>> Although George John has posted three times to this thread, he still
>> has failed and refused to provide any VERIFIABLE evidence that he
>> exists or that his real name is George John.
>
>The laughs continue. -smile-
>
>One wonders is Sam Sloan has heard about identity theft?
>
>> For example, he refers us to the Texas Chess Association website, but
>> that turns out to be his own website.
>
>I am the TCA's Webmaster and use space on my one of my ISP accounts for
>the TCA Website. I have been helping with the TCA's Website on and off
>(mostly on) since 1996. See:
>http://georgejohn.bcentralhost.com/USChessSuccess/GeorgeJohn/Selby.htm
>

>> He claims to be employed as "a Senior Software Engineer by a division
>> of a publicly held corporation" but he does but does not give the name
>> of the company. What is the big secret? Is he ashamed of them, or are
>> they ashamed of him?
>
>If anyone would like to know the name of the company, please write to
>me by private e-mail at george@neosoft.com. I just completed two years
>of employment with this company, and have received two excellent annual
>performance reviews. I am most certainly NOT ashamed of my company.
>Given the price of oil is around $60 a barrel, work in the O&G industry
>is relatively good these days.
>
>> Six years ago I was told by a chess official that his real name was
>> not George John, but was something similar. The official did not know
>> exactly what his real name was.
>
>That chess official was mistaken, or Sam Sloan's recollection is
>mistaken.
>

>> He states that the MSA shows that he, his wife and a child all played
>> in a tournament together.
>
>I did NOT state this. Sam Sloan needs to reread what I did say.
>
>[SNIP]
>

>> I believe that if George C. John wins this election, he should not be
>> seated on the board unless he can produce photo ID proving that his
>> name really is George C. John.
>
>I have a TX drivers license with my name and photo on it. No worries
>here.
>
>[SNIP]
>
>Best regards,
>
>George John

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

Oh I dunno Matt. He gets some credit for basing his campaign on the
theory that his opponent doesn't really exist. I mean, who else
coulda thunk up that one?

==Dondo

On 1 Jul 2005 16:28:09 -0700, "Matt Nemmers" <qcchess@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>Sam Sloan wrote:
><SNIP>
>>
>> Unless George John can show us some proof that he exists, anything at
>> all, like the name of the high school he attended or the name of some
>> kid who knew him in fifth grade or a birth certificate or driver's
>> license or anything at all, I do not believe that he should be allowed
>> to sit on the USCF Board.
>>
>> Sam Sloan
>
>I was almost -- ALMOST -- feeling a little bit of sympathy for Sloan
>after his courageous trek to Chicago to play Bill (and winning) and
>Bill's humble remarks afterwards. However, after reading this post my
>long-held belief that Sloan is a complete and total idiot has been
>reaffirmed.
>
>God you're stupid, Sloan.
>
>MN

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

I conpletely agree with you on all of your points.

Nobody is going to vote for George John. He will finish near the
bottom.

I keep bringing this up for historicxal reasons, not to attack him as
a candidate. Using his false claims of computer expertize, George John
got Mike Cavallo fired. George John has caused tremendous problems and
has done nothing good for the USCF. Everybody else seems afraid to say
something about this (except for Tom Dorsch who shared my opinion
about George John but who has dropped out) so I feel that I should say
something about it.

My current read is that the "Success Team" will be defeated by a wide
margin. I have not found anybody except for the political cranks on
Usenet who says that they are going to vote for them. Steve Shutt was
campaigning at the World Open but did not seem to be generating much
support.

Unfortunately, neither I nor Shahade campaigned at the World Open
although we both were present.

So, my prediction is that the Success Team will be wiped out or if one
is elected it will be Bauer. I am not making any predictions as to my
own election but a few people told me that they had voted for me.

Even Leroy DoubleCheck did not come to the World Open this year. He
usually comes to campaign against Goichberg, but I did not see him
there this year.

Sam

"Sam Sloan" <sloan@ishipress.com> wrote in message

> Even Leroy DoubleCheck did not come to the World Open this year. He
> usually comes to campaign against Goichberg, but I did not see him
> there this year.

So if you didn't see him he wasn't there? If a tree falls in the forest and
no one hears it then it never makes a sound? I saw and spoke with him.

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,misc.legal (More info?)

"SamSloanIII" <> And what is your rating Boozy? Wanna play a match against
me? I kicked Brock's ass and I'll do the same to you.

Boozer is all mouth and he keeps a vacuum-tight suction-lock on Marinelo's
ass.

"SamSloanIII" <sloan@journalist.com> wrote in message

> And what is your rating Boozy? Wanna play a match against me? I kicked
> Brock's ass and I'll do the same to you.

How about a triathlon? We play three games of chess, run three miles, and go
into the ring for three rounds.