Complete uninstall of a game

I've had Medal of Honour installed on my PC running Windows XP Proffessional.
I recently uninstalled it using the add/remove programmes facility in control
panel. However, no matter what I do, it is still shown as being installed -
the game won't run - I can't use the uninstall or repair options on auto
starting the game disc - I'm going insane. Can anybody tell me how to
uninstall it completely?
2 answers Last reply
More about complete uninstall game

    Hi Adam,

    Here's how to uninstall a game, especially tricky ones:

    Step A: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, remove the game and then delete the game's folder especially if you previously
    experienced problems with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

    Note: Click Start to Search or Find your game. Many times there are two installs
    of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
    installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
    and delete the folder.

    Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder and try uninstalling it

    Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
    game, delete them. Reboot your computer, and then re-install the game.
    Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

    "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A65EECAF-8ED7-4FF9-9C62-6B457681E968@microsoft.com...
    | I've had Medal of Honour installed on my PC running Windows XP Proffessional.
    | I recently uninstalled it using the add/remove programmes facility in control
    | panel. However, no matter what I do, it is still shown as being installed -
    | the game won't run - I can't use the uninstall or repair options on auto
    | starting the game disc - I'm going insane. Can anybody tell me how to
    | uninstall it completely?

    Spybot lets you delete uninstall info for a particular software:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html
    you might be lucky with it.

    "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've had Medal of Honour installed on my PC running Windows XP
    > Proffessional.
    > I recently uninstalled it using the add/remove programmes facility in
    > control
    > panel. However, no matter what I do, it is still shown as being
    > installed -
    > the game won't run - I can't use the uninstall or repair options on auto
    > starting the game disc - I'm going insane. Can anybody tell me how to
    > uninstall it completely?

Games Microsoft Windows XP Video Games