MN-730 and US Robotics Router WEP problem

I cannot get my 730 card to connect to my US Robotics 8054 router using
64bit or 128bit WEP. The 730 card keeps coming back with 'Incorrect Key' i
know the key is correct. The 730 card will connect when WEP is disabled on
both the 730 card and the router. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks Mick
9 answers Last reply
More about robotics router problem

    Hi,

    Did you make sure you used if you used 64bit to use 10 Hexidecimal
    characters or 5 ASCII characters
    and for 126bit you used 26 Hexidecimal characters or 13 ASCII characters?

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Mick853" <mick853@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I cannot get my 730 card to connect to my US Robotics 8054 router using
    > 64bit or 128bit WEP. The 730 card keeps coming back with 'Incorrect Key' i
    > know the key is correct. The 730 card will connect when WEP is disabled on
    > both the 730 card and the router. Does anyone have any ideas?
    > Thanks Mick

    Gary,
    I did use hex, the 730 software only allows hex. I tried both 64bit(10 hex
    digits) and 128bit(26 hex digits) same result on both. Its as if the key is
    not being encoded correctly.

    Mick

    "Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Did you make sure you used if you used 64bit to use 10 Hexidecimal
    > characters or 5 ASCII characters
    > and for 126bit you used 26 Hexidecimal characters or 13 ASCII characters?
    >
    > --
    > Gary Tsang
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    > "Mick853" <mick853@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I cannot get my 730 card to connect to my US Robotics 8054 router using
    > > 64bit or 128bit WEP. The 730 card keeps coming back with 'Incorrect Key'
    > > know the key is correct. The 730 card will connect when WEP is disabled
    on
    > > both the 730 card and the router. Does anyone have any ideas?
    > > Thanks Mick

    Are you running Windows XP on the computer that is having the problem?

    Mick853 wrote:
    > Gary,
    > I did use hex, the 730 software only allows hex. I tried both 64bit(10 hex
    > digits) and 128bit(26 hex digits) same result on both. Its as if the key is
    > not being encoded correctly.
    >
    > Mick
    >

    > "Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Did you make sure you used if you used 64bit to use 10 Hexidecimal
    >>characters or 5 ASCII characters
    >>and for 126bit you used 26 Hexidecimal characters or 13 ASCII characters?
    >>
    >>--
    >>Gary Tsang
    >>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>

    >>"Mick853" <mick853@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I cannot get my 730 card to connect to my US Robotics 8054 router using
    >>>64bit or 128bit WEP. The 730 card keeps coming back with 'Incorrect Key'

    >>>know the key is correct. The 730 card will connect when WEP is disabled
    >
    > on
    >
    >>>both the 730 card and the router. Does anyone have any ideas?
    >>>Thanks Mick

    I am running win2k pro.

    "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > Are you running Windows XP on the computer that is having the problem?
    >
    > Mick853 wrote:
    > > Gary,
    > > I did use hex, the 730 software only allows hex. I tried both 64bit(10
    hex
    > > digits) and 128bit(26 hex digits) same result on both. Its as if the key
    is
    > > not being encoded correctly.
    > >
    > > Mick
    > >

    > > "Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Hi,
    > >>
    > >>Did you make sure you used if you used 64bit to use 10 Hexidecimal
    > >>characters or 5 ASCII characters
    > >>and for 126bit you used 26 Hexidecimal characters or 13 ASCII
    characters?

    > >>--
    > >>Gary Tsang
    > >>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > >>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    > >>

    > >>"Mick853" <mick853@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Key'

    > > on

    Which version of the Microsoft Broadband Networking software are you
    running?

    Mick Fleming wrote:
    > I am running win2k pro.
    >

    > "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Are you running Windows XP on the computer that is having the problem?
    >>
    >>Mick853 wrote:
    >>
    >>>Gary,
    >>>I did use hex, the 730 software only allows hex. I tried both 64bit(10
    >
    > hex
    >
    >>>digits) and 128bit(26 hex digits) same result on both. Its as if the key
    >
    > is
    >
    >>>not being encoded correctly.
    >>>
    >>>Mick
    >>>

    >>>"Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message

    > characters?

    > Key'

    >>>on

    The software i am running is:
    Microsoft Broadband Network Utility Software Ver 2.0.0.638
    Wireless PCI Adapter (MN-730) Driver 3.20.26.0

    > Which version of the Microsoft Broadband Networking software are you
    > running?
    >
    > Mick Fleming wrote:
    > > I am running win2k pro.
    > >

    > > "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Are you running Windows XP on the computer that is having the problem?

    > > hex

    > > is

    > > characters?

    > > Key'

    What type of WEP key did you enter into the router (Hex, ASCII, Etc.)?

    Did you use Hexadecimal there as well?

    mick853 wrote:
    > The software i am running is:
    > Microsoft Broadband Network Utility Software Ver 2.0.0.638
    > Wireless PCI Adapter (MN-730) Driver 3.20.26.0
    >

    > "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Which version of the Microsoft Broadband Networking software are you
    >>running?
    >>
    >>Mick Fleming wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am running win2k pro.
    >>>

    >>>"joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message

    >>>hex

    > key
    >
    >>>is

    >>>characters?

    > using

    >>>Key'

    > disabled

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    I just remembered another question. Have you updated the firmware on
    your router to the latest version?

    mick853 wrote:
    > The software i am running is:
    > Microsoft Broadband Network Utility Software Ver 2.0.0.638
    > Wireless PCI Adapter (MN-730) Driver 3.20.26.0
    >

    > "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Which version of the Microsoft Broadband Networking software are you
    >>running?
    >>
    >>Mick Fleming wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am running win2k pro.
    >>>

    >>>"joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message

    >>>hex

    > key
    >
    >>>is

    >>>characters?

    > using

    >>>Key'

    > disabled

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Hi Joker,

    Yes to both your last questions.

    Thanks
    Mick

    > I just remembered another question. Have you updated the firmware on
    > your router to the latest version?
    >
    > mick853 wrote:
    > > The software i am running is:
    > > Microsoft Broadband Network Utility Software Ver 2.0.0.638
    > > Wireless PCI Adapter (MN-730) Driver 3.20.26.0
    > >

    > > "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Which version of the Microsoft Broadband Networking software are you
    > >>running?

    > > key

    > > using

    > > disabled

Routers Connection WEP Robotics Networking