Any hope for installing Windows 7?

rx7boy17

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hi,
I have a couple computers with Gigabyte K8NSC-939 motherboards in them that run very well on XP Home. Unfortunately they are N Force 3 Mobos with 8X AGP slots. Is there any configuration out there that will install Windows 7 when Microsoft stops supporting XP SP3? I've been looking around for a video card that will do the job but drivers seem to be the major complaint among Neweggers. On another note, would a copy of something like Norton Internet Security provide adequate protection for XP when Microsoft drops support for it? Any advice is much appreciated. I hate to throw all that hardware in the recycle bin when the day comes for no more XP support.
Thanks in advance!

I just installed W7 x64 on a nforce 2 and the only thing it didn't find was the SMBus and Audio. Windows update sorted the audio by installing Realtek AC97.

So download for anything else ..

x86 : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jzydznd2zmm
x64 :http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dnjkyjcziqn

Extract to a temp folder, using device manager, choose SMBus device, update the driver manually and point to the temp folder and it should update.

* Ethernet Driver (v73.20) customized and corrected by Fernando
* SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.33) customized by Fernando
* SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.33) customized by Fernando
* RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30) "Sedona"
* SMU Driver (v1.71) customized by Fernando
* SMBus Driver (v4.74) customized by Fernando
* HD Audio Driver (v1.00.0.63) WHQL
* optional IDE driver registry cleaner (made by TwL)
* Installer (v7.57)

rx7boy17

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

rx7boy17

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
thanks for the help! I did try the Win 7 upgrade advisor on one of the systems and it looked good but my research saw several complaints about N force 3 chipsets and video card driver issues from other users. As I remember the Vista advisor was not all too helpful back in the day!
thanks again for the info!