Chessmaster 6000 and XP

Hey all,

Been out of chess for a while and decided to load CM6k on my new puter
(running XP) and it doesn't work (even downloaded the patch). There's no
menu bar across the top and after my first move, the computer moves and the
program locks up. Is there a fix for this, or should I get the latest
version?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Try running it in compatability mode.Right click program -properties
-compatability -then try windows 95 or 98. I run XP home and can use CM
5000 this way on my laptop.I think you only have to do this the first
time. Carol M

"cmcanulty" <cmcanulty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try running it in compatability mode.Right click program -properties
> -compatability -then try windows 95 or 98. I run XP home and can use CM
> 5000 this way on my laptop.I think you only have to do this the first
> time. Carol M

Duh.... I didn't even think of that. Ok, I get to wear the dunce cap today.

Thanks,

Eric

"Eric Freeman" <wedontwantnospam@sdsddf.com> wrote in message
> "cmcanulty" <cmcanulty@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Try running it in compatability mode.Right click program -properties
>> -compatability -then try windows 95 or 98. I run XP home and can use CM
>> 5000 this way on my laptop.I think you only have to do this the first
>> time. Carol M
>>

> Duh.... I didn't even think of that. Ok, I get to wear the dunce cap
> today.

That didn't work... still crashing. I guess it's time to upgrade to the
latest version.

Eric

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Chessmaster 6000 eh? Looks like you and I need to have a discussion about
some of the other wonderful innovations you've missed out on since your
hiatus (jail?), like for example, vcr's, cellular telephones, Brittany
Spears, etc.

"Jason" <xenophobe_dontspamme__8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Chessmaster 6000 eh? Looks like you and I need to have a discussion about
> some of the other wonderful innovations you've missed out on since your
> hiatus (jail?),

No... I'm too small and too cute to go to jail.

> like for example, vcr's, cellular telephones, Brittany Spears, etc.

What? Who?

;-)

Eric