Chessbase 8: Reorder game moves?

I've been creating a database of the 'complete games' that form the basis of
an opening repertoire book. In collating the games out reference databases
I've noticed that the author has varied the opening moves in order for the
games to conform to the repertoire or introduce variations. Therefore I've
needed to reorder the moves to match the book.

Does Chessbase 8 have any facility for this? I ended up dumping to PGN and
using a text editor.

--
Remove numbers from email address to reply

Oh yeah - I tried the 'insert move' option but it tended to wipe out most of
the game score.

Jonathan Lonsdale <jon-news123@123jlonsdale.net> wrote:
> Oh yeah - I tried the 'insert move' option but it tended to wipe out
> most of the game score.

`Insert move' means `replace the move in the game score with this one but
keep everything after it if possible.' So, for example, if your game is
1.e4 e5 2.d4 and you're in the initial position, `inserting' 1.d4 will
give you the game 1.d4 e5, whereas `overwriting' 1.d4 will give you the
game 1.d4. (And there seems to be a bug in the Fritz 8 GUI such that
inserting a move deletes anything after a null move, or something like
that.)

Dave.

--
David Richerby Simple Perforated Cat (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a cat but it's full of holes and it