Apple Cinema Display - No BIOS screens or POST

2muchtime

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004
I've got one of the new 23" Apple Cinema Displays running on a Sapphire 9800 AIW Pro and unfortunately it will not display anything at all when booting my PC. The display does however work once Win XP has loaded. From the Apple forums it appears that some cards display all the boot info whilst others don't, depending on manufacturer, chipset, etc. Mine is unfortunately one that doesn't whilst others have reported that their 9800's (non AIW) work perfectly fine. What is causing this? Some people are pointing the finger at Apple for using non compliant DVI timings or whatever, but I can say with 100% certainty in my case that once Win XP drivers are loaded the display is fine so something must be incompatible with the 9800 AIW's BIOS that the Apple doesn't like when booting. Can anyone shed further light or perhaps think of a fix?

lb19984

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2003
No fix Or not that I'm aware of
Nice monitor by the way
I'm getting the 30 incher once they figure out the whole fx4000 and x3-256 ordeal
Anyway I read all those discussions on apple two
It seems that your stuck or screwed to some extent at least
Do you overclock cause that would really suck
Anyway No video card manufacturer will release alternate bios for the card and especially for an aiw card.
I 'm sure you'll get used to it
THe same thing occurs with the 30 inch acd too
oh well

<A HREF="http://www.freewebs.com/lb19984/" target="_new">My Rig</A>