Where can I download Driver Sweeper

I have a person who wants to switch out a low end Nvidia 500 series card with a middle of the road AMD 6000 card. I asked this awhile ago but I deleted the link. I know Driver Sweeper has been discontinued but someone posted a link where it can still be found and downloaded. I don't remeber who is was but if that person or anyone else can post a link to where I can download DS that would be great.
5 answers Last reply
More about where download driver sweeper
  1. Hi :)

Driver sweeper can and DOES damage the registry... :(

Jusr use Nvidias uninstall tool...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Yea but if there is even a tiny shell of the competitors drivers in the registry the new drivers (AMD) won't work. I always used driver sweeper to be sure that every trace of the old drivers were gone especially when switching from one chip manufacture to another.
  3. rds1220 said:
    Yea but if there is even a tiny shell of the competitors drivers in the registry the new drivers (AMD) won't work. I always used driver sweeper to be sure that every trace of the old drivers were gone especially when switching from one chip manufacture to another.

Hi :)

Sorry but you are totally wrong... Amds CCC has NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in any Nvidia stuff thats left...

I install graphics cards most days in my shops with no problems at all,,,,, you just uninstall the previous cards drivers if different and install the new ones after a reboot...

All the best Brett :)
  4. Most registry cleaners/boosters can potentially break your windows install...

That being said, if you know the risks and still want to use it then go ahead.... uncheck the bloatware and stick with strictly Nvidia related registry entries...

http://download.cnet.com/Driver-Sweeper/3001-2094_4-75219868.html?spi=14114310436dc6a206707a63d0f1727f
  5. rds1220 said:
    I have a person who wants to switch out a low end Nvidia 500 series card with a middle of the road AMD 6000 card. I asked this awhile ago but I deleted the link. I know Driver Sweeper has been discontinued but someone posted a link where it can still be found and downloaded. I don't remeber who is was but if that person or anyone else can post a link to where I can download DS that would be great.

Downloading free security software from the internet is a really bad idea.
    More than 80% of it is fake, and designed to infect your computer.
    Apparently, people have to get destroyed at least once, before they understand the lesson.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Windows 7