I forgot the link:

http://tournament.hydrachess.com/

Hydra won the third.

Result now:

Hydra 2.5 - Adams 0.5

Blorin <pioterino@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I forgot the link:
>
> http://tournament.hydrachess.com/

But don't bother trying to view the website during the games -- it's all
dynamically-generated and the server can't cope with the load.

Dave's Easy Web Lessons (Number 1 in an occasional series): don't use PHP
for static content if lots of people are going to be looking at your site.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Unholy Dictator (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ totalitarian leader but it's also a

"David Richerby" <davidr@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
> Blorin <pioterino@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I forgot the link:
>>
>> http://tournament.hydrachess.com/
>
> But don't bother trying to view the website during the games -- it's all
> dynamically-generated and the server can't cope with the load.
>
> Dave's Easy Web Lessons (Number 1 in an occasional series): don't use PHP
> for static content if lots of people are going to be looking at your site.
>

> Dave.
]

go to playchess.com, they have a room where you can follow the gameboard in
real time and chat with others who are watching

Lee Harris <lee.harris4@virgin.net> wrote:
> David Richerby <davidr@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> Blorin <pioterino@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I forgot the link:
>>>
>>> http://tournament.hydrachess.com/
>>
>> But don't bother trying to view the website during the games -- it's all
>> dynamically-generated and the server can't cope with the load.
>
> go to playchess.com, they have a room where you can follow the gameboard
> in real time and chat with others who are watching

Assuming you're running Windows, of course. If you're not, there's always
the ICC and FICS. I posted instructions for viewing the games on these
servers on rec.games.chess.misc a while ago; Google has archived them at:

http://tinyurl.com/ck9et

Nowadays, you probably want to use the URL

http://www.freechess.org/Login/jin/index.php

to log in to FICS rather than the one I quoted in that post.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Nuclear Sushi (TM): it's like a raw
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ fish that's made of atoms!