20-bit wav file

Last response: in Home Audio
September 14, 2005 6:34:03 PM

Hello Guys,

is there anyone here having a 20-bit wav-file, sampling frequency can
be just anything. I need this to see if a piece of software is treating
a 20-bit wav file correctly and see whether it outputs the right audio?
Content is not relevant.

If anyone could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

More about : bit wav file

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 10:09:33 PM

Caj Zell wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> is there anyone here having a 20-bit wav-file, sampling frequency can
> be just anything. I need this to see if a piece of software is treating
> a 20-bit wav file correctly and see whether it outputs the right audio?
> Content is not relevant.
>
> If anyone could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

My understanding is that a 20bit data stream
actually uses a 24bit word length.
So there would be no difference in the file
itself other than the zeros in the LSB's.

rd
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 12:33:11 PM

Thanks guys,

yes, as I understand it, the 20 bit wav-file is made by padding the
last 4 bits with zeroes.

But, what about an .aiff-file? Anyone having a 20-bit aiff file?

The thing is, I want to make a DVD-Audio disc with a 20-bit track and
it is possible, in DiscWelder, to import 20-bit wav-, or aiff-, files.
September 15, 2005 5:32:28 PM

"Caj Zell" <caj.zell@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello Guys,
>
> is there anyone here having a 20-bit wav-file, sampling frequency can
> be just anything. I need this to see if a piece of software is treating
> a 20-bit wav file correctly and see whether it outputs the right audio?
> Content is not relevant.
>
> If anyone could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

No such thing as a 20 bit wav file. 20 bit ADs record into a24 bit file.

geoff
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 7:29:35 AM

Or, if you know any other way of achieving this, I'd be also very
grateful.

What I want to have is a non-encrypted DVD-Audio disc with one track
with 20-bit resolution.
!