CDR drive door stuck

Keleneki

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
I manually pushed my Plextor Plexwriter 48/24/48A door to close it yesterday. Now it won't open when I hit the button on the drive. I tried to push a pin into the little hole that would normally cause the drive door to open but nothing happens. Is there some other way that I can open my door? The light on it goes on when I pushed the button and when I pushed a pin into the little hole.

Thank you.

Try going into My Computer and opening it through the CDROM Icon, right click.

If that doesn't work, get a thin blade screwdriver, and pry outward with a slight amount of assisting pressure, on the tray itself, and push the open button at the same time, sometimes that works.

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

Keleneki

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
Thank you much. I did just like you said. With the added pressure from the blade, it opened up. :) I really appreciate your responding to my post. I am not such a knowledgeable person about computer things and this has helped me to get my system going agian.

Your Welcome, I had a friend with the exact same problem, don't know why it happened, but once it finally was pried open, its worked good ever since.

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>