Sign in with
Your question

My new micro sd mobile memory card (sandisk) is write protected i want to copy t

Last response: in Technologies
March 6, 2010 12:53:29 AM

my micro sd card is write protected how can i unlok this

March 7, 2010 6:52:30 PM

Write protection doesn't do anything to keep you from copying it. Copy-protection might, but that's for copy-protected files, and this is not the place to ask how to circumvent copy-protection. :non: 

m
l
April 2, 2010 1:58:20 PM

Mine has a small black slide that unlocks or locks the sd card. Has yours ? Lucy.
m
l
Related resources
March 18, 2012 4:35:11 AM

yadukrishnan is saying his card is write protected NOT COPY PROTECTED,
I have the same problem with Sandisk 16 gb micro SD cards in my in-car camera,
The camera locks them up, 5 cards so far, cannot even delete files, write files or format them,
They don't have a slide lock like full size SD cards do. Any ideas apart from getting rid of the
camera which is about to happen, it's a DOD GS600 model. Thank you
m
l
May 4, 2013 12:04:04 PM

You have to activate the card. This is how I did it: Put the sd card into your camera, take a picture. It will be stored on the card (the camera may create folders). Remove the sd card from the camera and insert it into your computer. Now the sd card is open for transferring any files to and from the card. I used a lot of time to search the web for solutions and found many people had the same problem with brand new sd cards showing up on the computer as write protect even when the slider was in position 'unprotect'. The card can of course be manually put into write protect with the slider on the side of the card.

yadukrishnan said:
my micro sd card is write protected how can i unlok this

m
l
!