Sign in with
Your question

"Starting Windows" slow

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
July 28, 2012 6:45:40 AM

Hi all,

When I on my PC and when it goes to the "Starting Windows" there, it takes 2 minutes and why my old PC only takes 30 seconds? These are my PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-4100
MOBO: M5A88-V EVO
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 8GB (2X4GB)
HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1.5TB (Planning to buy a 90GB SSD soon)
GPU: ASUS ENGTX 550 TI TOP
OD: ASUS 20X DVD BURNER
CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212 EVO
PC CASE: CM ELITE 432

My old PC is Dell Studio XPS 8100. Please help me because i almost waste 10 minutes in a day, crapppp!

More about : starting windows slow

a b $ Windows 7
July 28, 2012 8:21:31 AM

try running msconfig and disable stuff that doesnt need to be loading at startup to see if it helps
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 28, 2012 8:21:58 AM

Probably a slow driver or a start up program slowing it down.
m
l
Related resources
July 28, 2012 10:24:25 AM

Pyree said:
Probably a slow driver or a start up program slowing it down.

mcnumpty23 said:
try running msconfig and disable stuff that doesnt need to be loading at startup to see if it helps

Disabled every thing and it didn't help. :( 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 28, 2012 10:35:12 AM

Any drivers slowing the start up?
m
l
July 28, 2012 10:40:30 AM

Pyree said:
Any drivers slowing the start up?

I think so, but any thing that can help me?

Edit: Went for dinner, will come back after 2 hours.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 28, 2012 10:42:23 AM

Update your driver. Meanwhile, I will think of something (hopefully) in that 2 hour.
m
l
July 28, 2012 1:02:00 PM

Pyree said:
Update your driver. Meanwhile, I will think of something (hopefully) in that 2 hour.

Every driver is up-to-date. For the disabling start up programs in msconfig, it didn't affect the speed so I enable it, inform me if I need to disable it but it's really didn't have any affect that speeds up the speed.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 28, 2012 1:11:42 PM

How about start up service on computer management>services and applications>services?

Set all of non essential service to manual, non priority service to delay start. You can find a list of thing you can change and not affect operation online.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 28, 2012 1:15:04 PM

if it didnt help with msconfig then no you dont need to leave disabled

try running checkdisk in case its file system problem
m
l
July 28, 2012 1:33:27 PM

Can you use a Restore Point to take your machine back to a time prior to the slowdown?
m
l
July 28, 2012 1:54:37 PM

Rumbletum said:
Can you use a Restore Point to take your machine back to a time prior to the slowdown?

My PC just bought 1 month ago, since I bought it the speed it like this and I went to the store that I buy the specs and built buy the technician there and they can't figure it out what is the problem, losers...
m
l
July 28, 2012 2:07:46 PM

Ran chkdsk, only saw 175 large file records processed and 57 reparse records processed in the stage 1 (122368 file records processed). Stage 2 and 3 have 0 in every section except the file records processed.
m
l
July 28, 2012 2:29:02 PM

I had that problem too. It was my hard drive :/ 
I recommend to try another hard drive and note the results.
m
l
July 28, 2012 2:58:51 PM

Pyree said:
How about start up service on computer management>services and applications>services?

Set all of non essential service to manual, non priority service to delay start. You can find a list of thing you can change and not affect operation online.

What is non essential service? Sorry because I'm just a computer newbie.

themegadinesen said:
I had that problem too. It was my hard drive :/ 
I recommend to try another hard drive and note the results.

I don't have any other hard drive but I'm PLANNING to buy a SSD soon, just PLANNING, 40% not buying in an emergency case.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 30, 2012 1:43:49 AM

Window search can be turned off, print spooler (if you don't use printer), bluetooth (if you don't use bluetooth), just to name a few.

Not quite sure what else to switch off. I edited my list a long time ago and got it working no problem, so I am not going to muck around with it. But I based it on something similar to this:

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-...
m
l
!