ChessBase: question about Tree

Hi,

When trying to create a tree from very long games (let's say between 120 and
150 moves to make the test easier), I noticed that the maximum length of
games seems to be limited to 25 moves in the *.ctg file. Even when I put a
value of 99 in relative "absolute length", but also in "ECO-relative length"
!?
Is it a bug?
I have the same problem with both versions Chessbase 8 and Chessbase 9.

thanks

ceebee

"Thierry T" <fa609391@skynet.be> wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

> When trying to create a tree from very long games (let's say
> between 120 and 150 moves to make the test easier), I noticed
> that the maximum length of games seems to be limited to 25 moves
> in the *.ctg file. Even when I put a value of 99 in relative
> "absolute length", but also in "ECO-relative length" !?
> Is it a bug?
> I have the same problem with both versions Chessbase 8 and
> Chessbase 9.

I cannot reproduce this in my CB9 installation (rev.7). I created an
opening book out of 800 games with more than 120 moves, chose 150
ply as absolute lenght and the resulting book contains indeed moves
up to 75 (150 ply).

ECO-relative is relative to the last line in the eco file. Here the
lenght of the lines can differ.

Of course on-the-fly created opening trees are shorter.

--
CeeBee

***The cookie has spoken***